dogs are generally not big fans of the winter olympics since, until they add competitive yellow snow making, we are basically shut out of the games. but i've fit in a little watching in between episodes of 'k-9 karma' and 'good eats.' i feel a tiny bit sorry for the ole canada whose national pride--such as it was--must have been completely wounded by their stinky showing in hockey. but, canada, you will always have hurling, even if you can't smash people into walls while doing it.
i'm also quite interested in hockey since it may be a sweden-russia final. i wonder, will my onkel eric side with his adopted country sweden or with his russian wife antie ira? i would be inclined to go with antie ira because she feeds me pastrami.
in the middle of the second semi-final match with finland leading 4-0 it appears much more likely to be a finland-sweden match. i understand there is a long and antagonistic rivalry there. you silly naked apes with your feuds. it's not serious stuff like dogs vs. goddamn cats or wally vs. rottweilers or nebraska vs. colorado.
as i contemplate my onkel eric's dilemma i am thinking of sports i propose ought to be added to the olympics:
1. the sprint from wherever you are to the kitchen when you hear the refrigerator door open
2. the squeakee pounce and shake contest (would this be scored based on the athleticism and ferocity of the kill or the artistry? i can't decide. but we won't let the french judge).
3. the napping sprint, the winner falls asleep the fastest in spite of conditions including noise, light, and being on top of mawma's bookbag.
4. my speciality--dinner snarfing. who can get to the bottom of the food bowl the fastest? this one isn't really fair since i'd go gold every time.
5. hurling, but hurling cats instead of stones down the ice.