Thursday, August 20, 2009

So That Happened

It has been the MOST BUSY week ever. Other than maybe the week when my ma ape had a burpday while she and I drove across the country to move from Seattle to Delawhere. Also, at some point I went crazy. But this busy time I did not. So here's the story of Wally's Very Busy Week. First, my ma ape had a burpday and she is 9 million years old. I got her a GREAT present--beer! Beers with dogs on them are the best.

And another great present--ICE CREAM FOR US! Because the weather decided to get hot just in time for the moverating. So here I am nomming a bit of sweet potato n' molasses cream because I know nothing maes my ma ape happier than watching me be happy.


And then I had to move out of my old stinky house. It was a rental. And it was carpeted and too big. Here we are in the almost empty house. See the funny face I am making. That's to show how gross the old house was.

So we got a new house! Here are peppy sheppys showing they can still wrestle in the new house on the pretty floor.

And here I am on the stairs that I can go down but not up so we got carpet squares for them. That's important so I can get to one of my favorite parts of the day, going to bed.

And here I am being CRAZY! When we got to the new house my brudder's crate was there but the mat was gross so we threw it out and put in my Grammie Blanket. So even though I hateables the crateables I got in so I could have my Grammie Blanket!


And here's our new fridge stocked with beers!

And this is the guest bedroom. We had to make it up because something else happened--my GranNE and Gramps came! And here's the guest bed with the quilt my Great GranNE made for my ma ape! GranNE thinks we're going to tear up and/or pee on the nice quilt. I don't know why she would think we are naughty. Just cuz last time she was here I took everything out of her bag to find the granola bar at the bottom. I was helping unpack!

And here I am with my brudder Oscar on our new rug. We look supes handsome. But Oscar has not been supes nice. He was really mean to my GranNE and Gramps like he was totally guarding the new house and he looks scary with his teeth out. It is stressed out my ma ape and she thinks she needs to do a lot of work with his guarding/stranger issues.

So we made him go for walks with them and gave him lots of snacks and now he knows that GranNE and Gramps are great. See, here is Oscar helping my GranNE do some gardening.

And then I got a NEW BOX with a NEW BED like Joe Stains' Snuggle Ball but probably bigger because I am a big guy. But the bed is REALLY big.

Which turns out to be just right for Wally.

And here is part of the backyard, one of the parts with hostas (and see the screen up there flapping in the wind? Yeah, Oscar did that.) Oh, and what is that in the hostas? Is it Oscas?

No! A corgador in the weeds!

I discovered I can crawl around under the porch like a mole. Awesome!

These are some things that happened. I am going to get some rest so I have plenty of energy to beg for snacks from GranNE and blog some more!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Moose said...

Yay for getting settled in! The new digs look awesome. We are really jealous of wood floors but at least we don't have carpet! Moose might like it by ma apes definitely do not like furs getting matted into it!
Sorry Oscar was having trouble but sounds like things are better (except for the screen... what's up with that!). Crazy boy! Can't wait for the next update!
Moose + Dana

10:53 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

you look so comfy in your snuggle bed!!! W00t!!!

Also, the pix of you in the hosta...so cute!

Lots of licks, Ruby

11:05 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We have that beer in our frig too!

Who da thunk it?

BLUE beer ;-)

Tank woo fur sharing these happenings!

It looks pawesome!

I ALMOST didn't spot woo hiding there!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

11:12 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Awww Wally! That was like a deluxe edition of MTV CRIBS DOGGIE STYLE!

So happy you like your new digs & new snuggle ball...& what the heck is going on with OBST? snarly teethies? He Crazy!

Where is Ethel in all of this? ETHEL???????? WHERE ARE YOU????

Love & Licks,
Randi

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Considering that moving is supposed to be one of the most traumatic things human apes can do -- we think yours deserves as much beer as she can drink.

And you were very cool with all that too. So ice cream is definitely in order.

We love the photo of your handsome self hiding in the hostas.

Enjoy the wood floors! We have them except for the bedroom and the stairs. Mom likes to hear the tippety tipp tipp tipp of our toes on the wood and we find the carpeted stairs make really nice resting places.

Wirey woofs of congratulashun for your successful moooove.

Jake and Just Harry

12:11 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The new house looks great. It just needs some special touches like dog toys spread all over the place. I'm sure you can take care of that.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

This is the best ever. Grammie changed all the floors in the house to pergo a few years ago. They are holding up like iron. we have a few rugs so that Dawson can scratch his behind.
Tell GranNE to be liberal with those treats.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Beckett said...

The day after my ma ape closed on my house, my granny emailed to say she was coming to visit. My mom says granny's priorities were to see the new house, the granddog, and then the daughter, but that's crazy talk. Clearly she came to see ME, my new house, and then the daughter.

Beckett

1:14 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Your mom's quilt on the guest bed is just beautiful!
How exciting to be in a new place, Wally!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

1:21 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

That is truly a lovely quilt, and we are sure that you and the sheppys will behave around it. Your new bed is pawwwwsome.

gussie

ps so is GranNE.

g

1:35 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Your new house is great. You are such a lucky little dog to have a great new bed. Your ape Mommy, doggie brothers and you are very very lucky to have such a great home.
Mack and Sally Ann(I am writing, Mack)

5:54 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

awww wally i cant decide if i like the picture of you on the snuggle ball or hiding in the HOstas...you are just so hunky and cute....your house seems nice too....

7:35 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Oh my DOG! You in the Hostas!!!!! Holy crap - I can't stop laughing!!! At your incredible handsomeness, of course.

Congrat on the house! it's pawsome - and wood floors are GREAT for making your sister (and brother) smack into walls when they are chasing you. You just have to turn the corner really fast and they'll go flying and smack their noggins on the walls.

... my girl is still laughing at your big 'ole head in the leaves :-)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday to your Ma Ape!
Beers to celebrate her sounds good to me!
I hope you all are getting used to your new house!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:54 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Many strange things in your new house. Dumb Oscar, huh? And look at those sheppys all skittering around on the wooden floors.

I think Wally the mole will prove to be great fun for you.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:34 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally! Congrats on the new digs. Don't feel bad about those stairs. My brother couldn't do the stairs at all and still has some clumsy issues with down.

You are very handsome in your new bed and in the hostas. Watch out for slugs! You might need to use a bit of that beer to catch them at night.

xo
SB

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

We were wondering -- now that you've helped your ma ape to settle in -- are you off to Martha's Vineyard with your "other" family?????

Inquiring terriers want to know.

Jake and Just Harry

1:50 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Ok, so how about packing up again and moving from DE to WA because that's where we are going soon!
Ike

8:09 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Grammie blankets are worth dealing with the crate

11:59 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

We're moving to the Barkingham area.
Ike

It's Bellingham.
Emily

12:53 PM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

mmmnnn beer - we love the new house - good luck getting settled

Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

luv ya and your silly adventures Wally! you're too cute peeking in the plants!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Your new bed looks HUGE dude!! holy cow, that some proper snuggins you are achieving there. Your new house is pawesome, and mom has had that blueberry beer and LOVES it.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Happy birthday to your mommy! You look so happy in your new home... My mommy is so jealous of your wood floors!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home