Monday, August 03, 2009

Important Day!


I found out something VERY IMPORTANT from The Brat Pack. August 12th is Adopt-a-Less-Adoptable-Pet day! Here are some pets that qualify:

1) Seniors
2) FIV+ cats
3) Pit Boos
4) Big Black Dogs
5) Special Needs Dogs

This is a very meaningful day for me and my ma ape. See, I was one of those dogs! (I have never been an FIV+ cat, though). I was listed as a senior, I had a terrible Petfinder pho-to, I had a host of health issues, I was black and fairly large. And my rescue thought I'd be a "lifer" there because no one had even inquired about me. And then I found my ape! And it turns out I am the PLATONIC FORM for PERFECT DOG. My sissy Ethel was hyper, black, high-strung, and had already been returned once. My brudder was big, black, and had some guarding/cage issues. And they turned out....not bad.

My ma ape can always tell the dogs that are not going to be there next week, the purebreds, the small dogs, the puppies. But then there are the ones who are there a long time. Pitties (and if she had a dollar for every time someone came out of the kennel and said "Whew--a lot of pit bulls, huh?" she could adopt 'em all), big dogs, the oldies. So she wants to promote this for the SPCA for some of her favorites that are still there---Regina, Mal & Nina, Chase, Lionel, Baby, Shyanne, CoaCoa with Arfritis...

There's a home for everybody! Now let's get out there and find them! Who knows--you could find a Wally in the Rough!

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Dexter said...

What a cool story. You were meant for you ma ape for sure. She knows how to make all you guys feel right at home.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:27 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are special in soooo many ways!


Do woo have a khat hiding inside of woo?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

4:28 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey Wally: Man...if I thought we would get a you for a brudder, I'd be in line. My luck though, it would be a cross between Teka and the Peppy Sheppies. And I think I am too old to handle that.

gussie

5:44 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Well, tell me this wally... how did they manage to get a terrible photo of you! Does ma ape still have it? I think you should post it on the 12th as a way to show people that there are diamonds in the ruff out there!
Moose + Dana

5:46 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

with this kind of backing, I know they will have success!! Can I trade Tanner for a big old black dog who may even be part cat?

12:09 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow wally ..i think your ma ape scored when she found you....and your bruvver and sissy...my mom says next time we get a dog it will be from the special menu...

12:10 AM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

What a cool story - just send the pitties our way - between us and all the fosters mommy wont notice a couple extras

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

6:45 AM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

What a wonderful story! My momster also wishes she could rescue all the pitties - they are wonderful dogs when owned by responsible people!

Hope your ma's favorites fing furever homes soon.

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

See, you ARE the king of promo! Thanks for spreading the word...Mom's helping with a transport on Saturday and it breaks her heart when all the "unadoptables" are left behind. :(

12:14 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

As you know Grammie loves the senior dogs. (Probably because she is also senior) She has sponsored a large black dog at the Columbia Humane Society named Kody. (go have a look). We feel for the pits and of course cats are cats. We love them all. If I can get the crazy old bat to help me blog before the 12th I will keep this going.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

With a house full of big black dogs we encourage everyone to take a look at those special dogs on your list, and cats, too.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home