Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dog Days

I know that SOMEONE has really been dropping the ball with the blogging. It is really shameful. So I have many things to catch you up on.


First, the weather has taken a turn for the hot and muggy which does not please the corgador. Here I am having to take a rest break on the walk home from the field. These people have Florida Gators stuff on their cars so I always poop in their yard but they also have nice dewy grass to cool my belly and my jets (just not where I did #2).

The ma ape thought maybe we would enjoy a little pool time.

But I preferred to use it as a giant dog dish.

And my ma ape has been so busy she forgets to feed us (not really. We NEVER let her forget). Here I am after helpfully pulling the snacks out of the grocery bag on the floor. I said "Gimme a hand ma ape. Open this package and I'll feed myself." My ma ape did not find my efforts as helpful as I did. She said I had chutzpah showing her my pilfered goods.


Do you guys remember big ole Hercules from the SPCA? He had heartworm and was one skinny lab mix.

Well, he's feeling a lot better. Especially since he has TOYS.


My ape has been going all gushy over him which brought out my jelly. Until my friend Narra sent me something that I think is an excellent idea.

Mini-sulkies! (My ma ape says when I am on a die-t I am a mini sulky.)

I could have the Herc pull me around, especially on those hot days, and I'd never have to worry about keeping up with the peppy sheppys! Mush Mush!

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Dexter said...

It is wicked hot here too and I am not happy. Every time I try to do anything I get all bothered and need to stop.

I am very keen to get one of those carts for pee-wee. Wonder if I would fit in it.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:36 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo know it is a bad day when it is already 25C/77F at 6am!

Go Phils!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

6:07 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

You guys! Think about poor Joe Stains, where there are days when 90 is the LOW!

Do you think Teka could pull one of those things.

gussie

7:10 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Talk about hot. We are in the triple digits. That is way too much warm for us. Maybe Foley could pull that thing and Dawson and I could ride. Grammie says, "stay cool."

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Come play in our shower tower with us. It's a great way to stay cool.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
We have 110 degrees now and I don't have a nice and cool grass to refesh myself!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:59 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Ha! I just posted something about my shame at the lack of attention and pictures from my girl. Disgraceful.

Good to see you again though, my friend. :-)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

woodrow has a wagon attachment for his pulling harness and he has been known to pull his lazy sister around with the kids - we dont like the hot humid weather either and will take timeouts in the ocean - but most of the time mommy walks us very early in the morning

Woodrow Sweetie & MJ

7:47 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Dang, I need one of those things then Tanner can pull me around. We are all being neglected, it sucks.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

OMD we must get a cart for my Moose! His doc said pulling was good rehab for the knee we must have it! Yes, ridiculously hot and muggy here too! Plus we have horrible skeeters!
Glad Hercules is coming through ok- heartworm stinks! Once he is better I think he would be a great 'draft animal' like my Moose! Also you will have to tell the mango that the cart site lists Mastiffs as suitable draft animals but makes no mention of the labradorus!

3:02 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i am so glad your are back wally..i was tired of that jail dog...he was cute..but really..he just isnt my (yes i said my) wally...so could you please talk to your humans and tell them to cut out the info station and just give me more wally...

11:32 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Have a great weekend.

Simba and Jazzi xxx

3:43 AM  
Blogger Poppy said...

That's a great idea to cool your belly on the dew. I always choose to lie in a nice dirt patch because our grass is really pokey.

Poppy

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home