Monday, July 20, 2009

Who's Your Uncle?

So this morning my ma ape was working away--tap tap tap on the computer--when she reached down to give me a pet and saw THIS on my pawpaw! (it's on the left, between my two toes).

It was a big red LUMP between my toes and so she packed me up in the car to go to the v-e-t. And the J.Ape had my RONDO so we had to take the old car. It needs new fool injectors (we have plenty of fools, just need the injecting) so it is always an adventure to see if the engine will fall out! I was so embarrassed.

And I was very disappointed to see that their scale is obviously broken.

I like to hide under the bench but the vet said he the tufts of fur into the room to find me.

And the vet came in and told my ma ape that it was probably a wee cyst and then he stuck a three, five, twenty inch needle in my pawpaw and out came PUS. It was PAWESOME. He said it is an interdigital cyst, common in labbie abbies. So, here is an anatomy lesson.

Intermediate sized sis-ter:


Interdigital cyst-er (post bloodletting):



It so happens that this problem puts me in good company with one of my best real world buddies, Jackson! (Coincidentally we also share the problem of annoying sisters and bratty brudders but that's another story for another blog)

The proper name for these thingies is Furunculosis/Furuncles which makes me n' Jackson FurUncles!

Ahhhhh. Two Fur Uncles, full of pus and vinegar.

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Have you been playing bloody knuckles?? lol! that is a Tanner joke, sorry. Anywho, glad it was a pus bucket.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

How exciting! You are like a biology lesson.

I am sure that scale is totally broken.

Slobbers,
Mango

8:02 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Like TOTALLY broken!

I don't even weigh that much!

What a way to get the ma ape's tikhker going so early in the week!

Make sure woo nurse it fur some good stuff!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

8:19 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally: I think it is piss and vinegar, but you still qualify.

gussie

9:29 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

OMD Wally you are a half a moose if that scale is right! Can't possibly be!
So glad your tootsies are ok and thank you for sharing it. Hope you got lots of treats for suffering through a a ride to the V-E-T in the fool car!
moose + Dana

9:56 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
I'm suwe glad that the vet at least knew what he was doing and fixed youw fuwunkel, even though he has infewiow equipment
healing smoochie kisses fow youw toesies
love
Asta

11:14 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

I'm sorry about your Fur Uncles. It sounds like a good thing, but I guess it's not.

Poppy

11:50 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Hope your paws and claws are better now.

Simba and Jazzi xx

4:33 AM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

hope you paw feels better very soon - i frequently get them (i have 5 right now) from my allergies - mommy takes good care of me soaking and cleaning them or else the get infected so listed to your momma

Woodrow

i aslo have the brother and sister issue

7:50 AM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

Ooooo, that was disgusting and cool! We want one if it means more treats!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

So what would our humans/apes/pinkies/leggeds do for excitement if it weren't for us????

Glad you're OK after that scare.

Jake and Just Harrycyto

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Sorry they had to stick you with that big old needle!! Those are no fun at all!! Hope your paw feels better soon =)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Ouch!! Are you playing it up for the human? Limp a lot and lick it and pretend it hurts like crazy. They love it when you do that.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Yeah, brah, yours in the cyst-a-hood. Don't let your ape give you anything that don't taste good.

Jacks

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally! I don't get interdigital sistas, but I have a big cysta on my butta ... well, just above my tail. I get it drained every once in a while.

So, when mom was in Regina, home of the Roughriders, she got me a Riders bandananana ... and guess who else she got one for?????

12:23 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Nothing like a good pus letting to get the day going.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

I bet it felt so good when the juices were removed from your paw paw huh?

Please come over to my blog & vote for the short film I acted in called FLASHES!!!! Thank you!

Smoochies,
"Famous" Solid Gold Actress

11:24 AM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Glad to hear your fur uncle was removed; I bet that once all the pus was gone, you weighed 40 instead of what that lying scale said!

1:30 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Thank dogness you're ok. I'm lumpy too and need to go in. :(

Bear

PS You're like half my weight. Not fair.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Life With Dogs said...

LOL! Full indeed. :)
Glad you have that behind you...

4:09 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

Ouuuuuch! You were so brave at the vetter!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sancha said...

You are so ahead of the curve, Wally. I bet you anything the next technological revolution will be that everything goes interdigital.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Tee said...

Hello there wally!

We hopes your furuncles get better. We enjoyed your canine biology lesson immensedly ... we even like the sound of furuncles - not so much the vinegar and pus.

LIcks and wags

Tuffy and the Dog Woods Pack

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home