Sunday, August 02, 2009

Some things on Sunday

This has been a sad weekend all around. Dogs With Blogs lost its most storied member, Charlie. He was a really special dog and his people, Brooke and Greg, took amazing care of him including getting him a bionic heart (pacemaker) and getting him the best medical care. And, of course, they had the best medicine--love--for him aplenty. Even though put up a gruff front, I know his brudder Opy is sad, too.

So I thought I should really do my best to honor Charlie with the gift he gave to all of us--DWB! And I wanted to start by lightening the mood a bit. ROACHING! (Also my ma ape says you can see my age here cuz my belly has gone grey first, especially around the naughty bits. I'm a silver foxy!)

OK, and my ma ape has gotten behind on SPCA Saturdays even though she's been going every week to take pho-tos and walk the dogaboos. So here's a sampling of some of her faves.

This is Baby Girl, a Rottie who scared my ma ape at first but is actually a big softie.

And Snowflake who got adopterated! Right after he got her picture taken!

And you remember Hercules, now with more flooger flingin'!


And he does love his toys.
And ole Ruby Pitlet.

She got to play with the ma ape last weekend but this week she had to have her tail removed because she broke it in her kennel. Poor girl! (No, ma ape, you still may not have her.)


And here's Ty who lives near the SPCA with the lady who manages it! He is learning to skateboard. He was an owner turn-in because the former owner thought he was aggressive. Mostly he's just silly.


OK, and now the reason we're so far behind. My ma ape has been busy getting more gauges and buying me a NEW HOUSE. And pretty soon we get to move in. She will have better pictures soon but we have only been to the new house one time and it was so exciting we didn't stop movingmovingmoving and three dogs clickclickclicking on hardwood floors and screaming (ok, that was just one naughty sheppy) was sort of overwhelming in an empty house.

Here I am in the living room.

And my fave, the kitchen. Right underneath the ceiling fan.


And here's my walk-in closet.

Peppy sheppys in the yard.

Oscas in the hostas.


And you can't really tell what they're doing but the peppy sheppys are claiming their territory (Oscar is doing #1 and Ethel #2.)
It has been a week of sad endings and new beginnings. I will bring you more photos of SPCA buds, some more of me in my new digs, and--I hope--nothing but good news.

We miss you Charlie.

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wally, humans like uncarpeted floors not because carpet gets messy but because we can radar in on our pups clicking across the wood!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
Nice roaching in honor of Charlie!
You have a new house!!! Pawesome!
From the pictures I can see you like it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3:51 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm sure Charlie is proud of woo!

Maybe Opy will adopt woo fur her honourary brofur!

Tank woo fur having your Ma Ape share those khute khanines with us....

BUT THE HOUSE!
THE HOUSE!!
KHOOL!!!

I khan hear woo in PAWSylvania!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

4:29 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

So sad about Charlie, that was very thoughtful of you to roach in his honor.
I think that Hercules might be related to my Moose... His face is very similar and the Floogers... well that sort of seals it!
Very exciting about the new house! The floors are beautiful! I hope you and the peppy sheppys don't get nervous about moving boxes like my moose did...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Great new dig, Wally!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

5:03 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

We are sad about Charlie too. What a great new house you are getting.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

love the house! You will have a great time on the floors! And the yard will make a great Sheppy playground.

Tell me, is there a library where you can relax in your leather armchair with pipe and slippers?

gussie

7:44 PM  
Blogger Hoover said...

Hey Wally!

I'm sad about Charlie too.

I really liked all the doggie pix. Your new house looks great. A few rugs and you'll be flying.

Hoover BPD

8:49 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Charlie is probably smiling down at you when he saw you roaching. We're so sad. :(

Your new digs ROCK. OMD we want to come visit. Those hard floors are the bestest because they're cold and slippery...aaaah.

When will you be living there full time???

Bear

11:24 AM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

congrats on the new house

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

1:06 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally! I almost fainted after that first picture, but you know me. Tough girl that I am, I held it together. I love the second picture too, of you in your new living room. I'm so glad you apes were considerate enough you that house. Maybe you can have them talk to my ape, who comes back after three weeks of abandonment and gives me a bath! WTF, right?

xo
SB

2:45 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

What a great tribute to Charlie!

Your buddies from the SPCA are cuties! I lurves rotties, I met two rottie buddies that were super nice to me!

And... I am so excited to hear more about your HOUSE!!!!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home