Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Other Footie!

I happen to ALSO be a big ole fan of the OTHER football. This will be of some interest to some of my friends like Boo who is a fan and player himself. It may also be of interest to my friend Amber who doesn't care about ape sports and only likes the sports SHE can play! And she could play footie with me and my sissy!

Conveniently it is time for the Women's World Cup in soccer! And that means we'd better get ourselves some gear! See what my ma ape brought us! A ball! With loads of flags on it! I don't really have a favoritest team (since Les Bleus did not qualify!) but I do like the Scandahoovians and the Ghanans and the Canucks. Their flags are all on my ball!


Jeez Ethel! You could melt the ball with that stink!

Here I POUNCE on it!


I'm a real good goalie who can stop the ball when the ma ape kicks it to me.


And then I wait for my handsome reward!


My sissy is a bit, erm, rougher with the ball.


She has a technique that I think would be frowned upon by FIFA.


When we were done playing we, of course, had to be rewarded for our fine footie skills and so we got dried tripeable snackables! My ma ape wanted us to eat them because she said they "smelled worse than my jack mack gas!" I don't know what she's talking about! Smelly food=Tasty food.


Ethel agrees!


I'd like to send a get well soon shout out to Herbie who is under the weather and Buster whose 'rents have the flu and couldn't even fetch him donuts today. So get well to them and poor, starving Buster.

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Hi Wally! HI ETHEL! What a wonderful ball! I like that kind of futball too! One game that I can play! I like all the flags too...Do you know if the national flag of Gooberstan is represented?
Love & Licks,
Randi
ps..HAPPY RANDAY!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a pretty ball that is! Make sure you take good care of it, Ethel and don't pop it with your toofies, okay?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

6:24 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

wow, what a cool ball! sorry about those eagles today!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha - love the second pic! I love playing will soccer balls too but... they don't seem to last very long...

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

8:31 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
You must be very happy with your new ball! Soccer is the football we like here!
Have a good night
Lorenza

10:39 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

so many flags there...did u manage to find mine??

i'm frm malaysia, btw

12:05 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Wally!

I'm stealing a copy of your facial expression in Ethel's stink butt photo! Gotta have it.

I love the "other" football too. (Sounds like we're talking about the "other" white meat ~ whatever that is).

Glad you enjoyed your weekend with the apes and Ethel. Give Ethel some goober hugs ~ they just might cure her gassiness!

Goober love,
Stanley

12:47 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

That ball looks like good fun to play with. Did you score any goals?

Simba x

2:39 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Wally,
What eatables did your MOm feed you with??

4:22 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wah! A new football! You sure are a BIG fan of footballe ha?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

5:28 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Mom would never let us play with a cool ball like that...it'd be shredded in 15 minutes (yes, thanks to Lola).

Yeppers, Wally...Dad is a Penn State alum. I think he likes you way more than PSU football so it's OK if you hate them.

And of course, it's just a game & good fun. No football team will ever come between me & my BFF.

Sherman

8:05 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Wally,
If you and Ethel played the game with the ball and feet I might watch it on the TV. Let me know when you are going to be on ESPN or Fox Sports. Those goofy Mariners finally won a game. My guy Rauuuuuuul even hit a long ball out of there.
Smooches and hugs,
Grammie

11:51 AM  
Blogger Em said...

We're rooting for England (the women might actually stand a chance where the men don't)!!

Mollie plays 'soccer'. She has to play with a tennis ball in her mouth though, which makes it really funny to watch, especially since she squeaks it when she gets excited. If she didn't have a tennis ball in her mouth the football would just get shredded.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home