Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Recipe!

http://mysitestinksbutyoursiscool.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/cat_bath_25.jpg

My granny loves me and she sent me this article that I think was a hint to my ma ape that she needs to bust out her new stew pot. It is about how in Australia they are COOKING feral cats!

I asked my ma ape to whip me up a batch of stew but I couldn't hear her answer through the retching noise:

Preparing this unusual stew seems simple enough.

The meat should be diced and fried until it is brown. Then lemon grass is to be added along with salt and pepper and three cups of quandong, which is a sweet desert fruit.

It is recommended that the dish be left to simmer for five hours before being garnished with bush plums and mistletoe berries.

Marinated moggie was not to everyone's taste. One of the competition judges found the meat impossibly tough and had to politely excuse herself and spit it out in a backroom.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Joe Stains said...

well finally a good use for those damn cats!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Hey, did you ever hear about the man in the UK who ... gulp ... ate a CORGI in protest of the Queen's support of hunting or something like that!? Inconceivable!

Cats on the other hand... although it does NOT surprise me that they don't even taste yummy. Good for nothins'.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
I don't think is a good idea to have cat for dinner! It doesn't sound yummy! Your meatables are way better!
Have a good night
Lorenza

9:40 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

We have feral cat clinics here. I donate twice a year to get the cats fixed. I thing I will continue to do that vs eating them. I swear we are becoming crazier and crazier! No wonder the dog blog makes more sense to me than most everything else. Happy Labor day to you, Ethel and your apes. I have to work. I guess that is why it is called labor day. Tomorrow I should hear more from Peanut and Flash.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oooo, I love cats! YUM! Hehehehe...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

3:51 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OK, so I'm not a cat lover, but I don't think I would want to eat them,you know? Doesn't even sound good!

Boy Wally, your granny is so on top of things!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

8:49 AM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

I like this idea. I wonder if they taste like chicken? Mmmmm...

Puggy kisses
Suki

9:06 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

EwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwLove A+A

9:15 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

As a cat-lovin' dog, I just can't get behind this. Cats taste like crap cuz they weren't meant to be eaten. DUH!!

(My girl is gagging as I type).

Goob love,
Stanley

9:20 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

I would be too afraid to eat them... they'd probably scratch your eyes out when you'd try to cook em. Come to think of it, I'd probably scratch somebody's eyes out too, if they were going to cook me....

11:47 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Super-Yucko! As a fan of cats only from afar (as I've never been close enough to introduce myself) I don't think ferral kitties are a good ingredient..what happens if they all get eaten before I get to even tell them "nice to meet you"? I say NAY.
Love & Licks,
Randi

12:00 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

hummmm, I'm not kitty crazy but I don't really want to EAT one! Sorry Wally! You can have the whole pot of kitty stew!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home