Saturday, September 01, 2007

Footballin'!

What time is it? FOOTBALL TIME! That means I get out my favorite jersey. And I get to teach the NEW APE about the BIG RED.


Even sissy Ethel loves football season. And my bum--look she's totally checkin' out my fine rear here.


Is it TIME YET?


My jersey says three things. "Wally" "Huskers" and "1." That is because two things are number one--Wally and the Cornhuskers.

I was SO MAD when I heard that the Cornhuskers game was not on the teevee but then the ma ape said we could have lamb shanks to eat so that worked out ok.


And after I ate I had to practice my football. Look at me fast like a Hoosker!


Try and tackle THIS!


And a special note to my friend Gertie who is (forced to be) a Michigan Wolverines fan. It's ok to laugh at your team for losing to Appalachian State. It is a little embarrassing to lose to a team who isn't even IN your division. I won't rub it in your face. Except to say that the Delaware Blue Hens would like you to turn in your blue/yellow helmets which you have shamed.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Walls!!

You should wear red all the time. Seriously.

OK, lets get this straight. Your ma ape went to Iowa, but loves the Huskers because...?

Hey, I saw a large building under construction the other day and someone had painted HUSKERS in big RED letters all over the front of it. I assumed you or one of your tribe did it.

Please tell me you were kidding that the Univ of Delaware mascot is the blue hen! That must be an EXCITING mascot to watch.

Goober love,
Stanley

5:53 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Someone tell Stanley that we have a team out here called the Artichokes. Very PC!

You look great in red Stanley, and I think you would be an asset to any football team. But have you considered that you are probably too smart to make the team?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Isn't that weird that Ethel is checking out your bum??? Anyhowl, I hope your team won/wins..oh and the hens, that is a weird mascot!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

7:17 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Wally:
Glad that you told us that was a lamb shank. I was a little concerned for a sec. I love Oregon also. I have lived here my told ancient life. Can't imagine living anywhere else, but could do without the taxes.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
I wish good luck to you and your team!!
Besos
Lorenza

9:49 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Hey again, Wally - still waiting on your football guide for dummies...I admit, I know nothing about football!
Love & Licks,
Randi

11:33 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

The moms like pro football. And baseball. I am a Cubby and a Cubs fan!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Hi Wally! We're back from Nantucket! We had such a great time but it's sure good to be home! We missed you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:34 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

My mommy & I don't really like hooman sports that much but sometimes I do like to play a little football with her with my tennis ball. Mmmmm, your meatables look sooo juicy!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

6:38 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Wally,
That red jersey looks really HOT on you. :) I didn't know you're such a jock!

10:00 AM  
Blogger The Jakester said...

Hey Wally - red is your color... but its my color, too. How does that work? Humm... not much for watching sports, I'd rather dive in and fight for the ball myself.

snif ya' later..

1:35 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

we don't have a favorite college football team, so I guess we can cheer for the huskers. I do like corn an awful lot!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Oh man Wally, mom and I missed you on vacation! You looked super spiffy gearing up for the Hooskers. I especially like the red, which is also my signature color! Mom doesn't like foooooootballs but we'll root for your team because we like you!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wally,

Your aesthetic choices are more commendable than your athletic ones. OK, so Michigan has minor difficulties early on, but they'll come back.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Hey, Wally, those are really cute pics of you!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home