Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dis-con-certed


I am out of sorts. And here are some reasons why.

1) My friend (who I like to growl at) Narra had a birthday and she is four years old. That means she is an ADULT now and I didn't get to have a talk with her about what that means including a) it is no longer cute when you hump your poor, put-upon brother's head (ok, maybe a little funny) b) you should know about the birds AND the bees (birds are for eating, bees sting, eat their honey) c) when you are an adult you have to have a boss who tells you what to do and makes you stop surfing the web while "on the clock," you can avoid this by going to "gradual school" d) you have to go to bed real real early because you get up BEFORE the birds e) since you are a lady you will need to keep your figure and thus you should continue to funnel chicken backs in my direction.

[tunnel_bark.jpg]

2) My OTHER friend Buko (the young coconut!) tore his ACL. I'm fairly certain that he did this while protecting his house from grizzly bears. Or perhaps a rampaging horde of hippos. Maybe both. I hope his peep can get it fixed soon so that I can chase him around his yard again. Maybe we could catch a deer together. Get well soon, coconut!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2214/1787/1600/falls_buko.jpg

3. The apes have decided it is REALLY funny to wrap my ape around my head. As you can see, I am not amused. They have such a lame sense of humor and rarely laugh at my scatalogical humor and my ma ape says "sexism is NOT funny Wally, stop calling women fat so you can eat their food." Buzzkills. So I will take a poll--ape necklace. Funny or no?

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Kerrio said...

Aww Wally - don't be disconbubulated.... things happen.

Hope Biko is beter soon... and I LOVE that shot of Nara (?) tearing out of the tunnel.

Can I send you a farting wolfie to console you?

5:25 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Hope the coconut recovers quickly! And I'm sorry, but: yes, ape necklace = funny. :D

5:59 AM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Uh, no, it's not funny at all, Wally...really...hehehe!

Oh, and tell your ma ape to stop by my blog and check out the Sen. Craig video; I think she'll get a kick out of it ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki

7:02 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I tore my ACL! It was no fun, but I'm perfect again, so your pal will be back to grizzly bear duty in no time (or a few months).

Love the ape necklace, although I'm not sure how practical it is for events involving touring about. Best for formal dinners ... and very funny!

xo
SB


P.S. Roaching pics are up!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hope coconut will get better soon. Don't feel sad Wally...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:47 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Bud!!

I hope Coconut is better soon and tearing around his yard.

As for the humor, I obviously prefer your cynical and saucy razor-sharp humor, but I've gotta admit, the apes do understand physical humor pretty well. Just look at them.

Your necklace is cute, bordering on funny. If you start humping everything in the vicinity like mad every time they put that necklace on you, I bet the accessorizing of Wally with his stuffies will stop. Just a thought.

Goober love,
Stanley

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Ha ha! Buko here--you made me laugh, Wally, I feel better. :) So, yes, we say FUNNY! How about trying it as a waist scarf?! :)

BJN

11:08 AM  
Blogger Finnegan said...

YES! The post is funny!!! And yes, an ape around your neck is funny too.

Oh my goodness, mama thinks gradual school is hysterical!!!!

Woofs,
Finny

12:25 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Not funny...heck you'll prolly tear your ACL from tripping on the darn thing!

Watch out! Lots of Licks, Ruby

12:39 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
Poor Coconut! I hope he gets better soon!
I like your apre necklace but I am not sure of wearing it everyday!!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

12:58 PM  
Blogger Finnegan said...

I have tagged you! Please visit my blog, buddy!

Woofs,
Finny

2:02 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Ape necklace...cute, so cute. (Er, I mean manly.)

Poppy

2:58 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Wally:
You look like you are giving the ape a ride. I think it shows how kind hearted and manly you can be. Now rip that sucker off your neck and toss it around the room. My Wally magnet is up on the frig. Thanks for such a wonderful gift.
I saw Peanut and Flash today. They are having a great time at their Grandma Careen's. They are running around like madpups. They have new K-9 relatives named Beautiful and Newman. I hope Peanut posts about the cuz he gave to Newman and how he never lets it out of his sight.
Happy, good thoughts for Cocoanut to recover quickly. Tell Narra even if she is an adult she should always be a kid at heart.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

the ape thing, NOT funny. and your humans have obviously not heard that acquiring food must be done by ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

mmmm...funny for about 2 seconds..then I can see the irritation in your eyes & if you are not happy, then I am not happy...& in turn, your ma ape should be ashamed for trying to bring a guy down....I hope 'Coconut' gets better...poor baby....
Love & Licks,
Randi

8:10 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

think the ape necklace would be really funny if my teeth marks were imbedded in its head removing whatever stuffin is left in it...maybe try that yourself..

11:47 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Oh dear dog,the necklace has to go Wally,Maybe make them wear it!!!! Love A+A

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home