Friday, August 10, 2007

The Nose Knows!

My granny sent me this story from teh BBC about the Double Nosed Andean Tiger Hound from Bolivia. He's very interesting looking!

Xingu the double-nosed Andean Tiger Hound

Imagine how good he would be at finding snackables! Of course I'm pretty good with just one nose (find the freezing box--sit in front of it) and I make primary use of my ears (listen for packages opening, fridges opening, chewing, swallowing, etc.)

This dude's name is Xingu and he sounds like an interesting chap:

He added that Xingu was "quite an aggressive little chap" who stood about 16 inches in height and loved salt biscuits but "wasn't a terribly handsome dog".

Xingu's best friend is apparently a wild pig called Gregory, and the two animals "rule the roost" in their village.


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Frasier said...

Weird dude but amazing talents !
I have sharp ears for the right stuff...the faintest sound of a food wrapper and all the the stuff you mentioned!!
Frasier

11:47 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

He is kinda strange looking! It doesn't appear that his mouth is any larger- just that his two noses are over it! Wierd color eyes too! hummmmmmm

Love ya lots,
Maggie

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

He's amazing! I quite like the double-nose look and I'm sure it'd come in soooooo handy for sniffing out stuff. My sense of smell is quite good too; I can smell a bacon sandwich at the park from some considerable distance! J x

1:21 PM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

How cute. I could smell two cats at once couldn't I?
Worth thinking about.
pippa

1:47 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Okay I kind of like the dude but my mom thinks it's kind of creepy

2:34 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Creepy and weird!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home