Thursday, July 12, 2007

Forgiving Granny

So I was feeling bummed about my Granny maybe not loving me enough but clearly the dogosphere has my back and I have had dozens of offers of grannies. I do think, though, that Sherman is on to something here:

Ferndoggle said...

Obviously your granny needs to have her eyes checked. However, she may be right. Conan could have been the "cutest" dog ever. But cute is for bunnies, kittens & bald headed babies.

We're *handsome*...and you are definitely in a tie for the most handsomest dog in the whole universe.

Tell Granny she can keep her CUTE!

Sherman

Yes, Sherman. Conan is cute. Like bediapered babies. But cute gets you kissed by politicians and your cheeks pinched. No, Sherman and I belong in the MANLY category of HANDSOMESTEST. So I'm sure what my granny MEANT to say was that Conan is the all time cutest dog but I am a hunka manly handsome dog!

Here is a gallery to demonstrate the power of the Handsome:


The Shermanator:


And the manliest dog on the Internets, Tadpole:



(Pssst. Sherman--if we are manly handsome dudes does that mean my ma ape has to quit calling me "the sweetest sweet pea in the sweet pea patch" while she rubs my belly? Cuz I kind of like that.)

Update: My granny has since admitted that I am, in fact, cute. But I still want to be all manly and stuff, too. And it is nice to have back-up grannies, too.

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

Ah glad your granny admitted it. I would want to be manly also instead of cute. Tad really is the manliest of manly dogs isn't he?

5:46 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Yes Wally in my book you are the handsomest. Mom says I am getting a handsome foster brother too so maybe you and Sherman could help him out - Mom and I have no clue about boy dogs!!

Oh and we can't believe my Gramma - she never posts comments no matter how many times Mom showed her how. Your letter to your Granny must have really motivated her!!

Have a happy weekend -

Love ya - Dory

7:43 AM  
Blogger Finnegan said...

Wally, you are indeed a handsome man.

Woofs,
Finny

7:59 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Yes Wally...I see no problem with your Ma calling your Sweet Pea whilst getting belly rubs.

My Mom calls me Shermie Worm Worm and I kinda like it too.

Your handsome brotha,

Sherman

8:08 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

All that handsomeness is making me faint...you, shermie & taddie all in one post....could there be anything better?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:05 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

No, I don't do "cute" either Wally!

Much prefer "handsome" but would also liked to be called a "sweet pea" and have a belly rub!

I am sure your Ma Ape will still do it, after all not only are you handsome but you are lovable!

How could your Granny not think so!?

love and licks, Marv xxxx

11:01 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

You ARE handsome & NO ONE can beat your handsomest face... Not even the Boo Casanova!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:52 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Glad your Granny came around... guilt and pressure work pretty well, huh?

And thank you for recognizing my manly masculinity. Oddly enough, you're one of only a few. Although my girl never cuts my chest hair (I have 6 sprouts of it) because it makes me feel even more macho.

And I'm very sorry to relay that my girl laughed uproariously when she read about your horrible rat-trap experience. I cried for you.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I think you can be both cute and handsome AND a sweet pea!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Glad your granny sorted that up!!!
Otherwise you would have had a million back up grannies !
frasier

2:32 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally.
Making mistakes belong to humans!
You sure are handsome!
Have a good night
Lorenza

8:08 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober,

My girl and I discussed it and we agree. You ARE the sweetest sweetpea in the sweetpea patch! (We're thinking of writing a song about it to dedicate to you & your mama).

Goober love,
STanley

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home