Sunday, July 15, 2007

Clearing my Good Name

OK, so there is irrefutable evidence that I went into the garden in spite of my previous promises not to trample the tomatables and oprahs. HOWEVER, I have kept my trampling promise AND I was not going into the garden to steal the vege-tables. I went in because there was SHADE and it was DAMP and COOL.

I am not a crook!

Here I am checking out the tomatables.


Even Ethel is curious.

Last night they grilled some vegetables including eggplants and okrables. Grilling means LESS HEAT in the house.

Since I am trying to clear my good name I wanted to share a few of my tips for staying cool OTHER than lounging in the garden:

1) STAY INSIDE. And out of the suns. And in the air conditioning whenever possible.
2) Eat frozen treats! I eat frosty paws and fruit smoosh and one of my ma ape's recipe called "ew don't put those in your drink they're not ice cubes!" The name is long but it's just low sodium chicken broth with little hunks of snackables like Zukes or beef jerkey frozen in ice cube trays. Even my sissy likes these!
3) Have FROZEN dinners. We had frozen chickensicles for dinner. Tasty!
4) Sleep a LOT. Preferably on the cool tile.
5). Drink plenty of waterables and play in a pool if you aren't afraid of the inflatable kiddie pool. Not that I know two dogs who are and that's why you won't see any pictures of them playing in said pool. Ahem.
6) When you go outside make the trip as short as possible and in the shade. If this means creeping along the side of the house and making a mad dash for the patch of shade under the tree so you can poop in the shadow of the tree, so be it!
7) Wake your apes up EARLY for walkables.
8) Eat Wallymelon
9) Spend plenty of time resting on the couch watching the Tour of the Pants and feeling lucky you are not pedaling uphill in the heat. And then cheer for Michael Rasmussen cuz he's the best mountain climber EVER. Look longingly at the snow on the Alps and imagine your ma ape pedaling her way up the mountain with you in a little wagon to play in the snow. Ahhhhh. Like this:

[wally+big.jpg]

Labels: , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Ike said...

That snow makes my mom want to puke.
Ike

9:13 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Wally Wopober,

Just want to remind you... if you want the bull pizzle hunting tool I picked up for you (and one for Ike too), then I need your snail mail address buddy. I don't think you want to pass this up!

My peemail: AireStanley@mchsi.com

By the way, your mention of oprah made my girl want to puke!

Goober love & admiration,
Stanley

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Hi Wally,

Mommy and I have seen your comments around the blogs and we both think you are such a cute and handsome corgadore. Mommy actually wishes you would create more corgadores so I could have a brother, but we both understand if you cannot.

Anyhow, stay cool and come visit our doggybloggy sometime!

Lurves,

SukiDuki Sumo

9:34 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Thank you for all of these great tips because you know we are roasting out here!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wally, that snow shot is the best picture of you yet! I love it.

But I have a big problem here in Montreal and I think you might be to blame. Ms. Sophie will not come out of her box. She claims that she no longer has any reason to leave because everything she could ever want is in there with her.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally.
Thanks for those tips! Sure they help me here because its been too hot!
Besos
Lorenza

10:43 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally,
Those were pawfect hints, the onliest one my Mommi didn't like was the getting up eawly, she's tewwible at that..but she went sigh! when she saw the snow..she can hawdly wait..me tooo...hey Wally twy the cheepo non-blow-up kiddy pool, maybe it won't be scawwy
smoochie kisses
Asta

11:13 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

"I am not a crook!" Now where have I heard those words before? hummmmmmmm
Great tips Wally! Every single one of them! ahhhhhhhhh that snow scene looks absolutely delightful!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:20 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Wally
I think having a granny and a grammie is acceptable. I will see if I can get grammie to adopt you. I beleive you were only trying to get the shade.

5:36 AM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

That snow pic of you is just dashing, as usual. Do you take a bad pic ever????

Good tips, especially pooping in the shade. There's a lot to be said for that.

TBP

PS Watch your mail soon!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Man, this heat is brutal, Wally. Seriously, I can't go outside for very long anymore.

And when we do take a walkies, it's always at NIGHT when I get scared- uh, I mean, protective of my Mom...yeah, that's it. I just bark a lot to protect her, not cuz I'M scared.

Puggy kisses
Suki

7:45 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Excellent tips Wally! Especially sleeping a LOT & eating a LOT (of frozen stuff). Big Brains AND good looks. You've got it all dude.

Shermans

8:12 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

we are in favor of the wallymelon and muzzer makes those non ice cubes too! ymuu.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

I'll meet you at the alps Wally!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

I think mine are bigger than yours. Tomatoes.

Pippa

5:30 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

Chickensicles and Wallymelons sound yummy I got to get me some!

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

5:59 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Wally,
I may need to muster up some Oscar size acting prowess to get some popsicles.It has cooled down in Georgia and I cant blame the heat !!
Frasier

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home