Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Bastille Day!

Bastille Day is one of my favorite holidays! I do like storming things. You know I like Le Tour so I thought I would celebrate some of my other favorite French things.

French Boo-Dogs!

http://www.pupcity.com/images/adpics/05240170932314_1.jpg

Dogue De Bordeauxs!

http://www.doguewood.com/images/Img99.jpg

Eclairs!

http://food.3yen.com/wp-content/images/eclair-5.JPG

Les Bleus!

http://www.lorhkan.com/blog/images/DC_2927_gallery.jpg

Napoleon! (He showed the world that you don't need long legs to be an emperor!)

The image “http://www.dianamystery.com/napolean1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

And Le Wally

And here I am in black & white to express an appropriately French level of existential angst turning into generalized ennui. And also, the hunger. Perhaps for meaning but mostly for dinner.


Let's storm the Bastille! Let us eat cake!

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

ohhhhhhh how I would love to bite into one of those eclairs and have that yummy cream go all over my beard! Such a pleasant thought!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:19 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Why would you want to eat cake if you could have one of those fancy eclairs? Wally, you are my favorite of all those shown, short legs and all! What about Frenchy fries?
Peanut and Flash's Grammie

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Hey Wally,

Cool pictures. Mom celebrated Bastille Day too!! Come visit.

Jake or perhaps Monsieur Jacques to commemorate the day

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Wally, Tell your ma ape, who I'm sure is a very beautiful ape, that my mom is envious of her former self too as she has no idea how she wound up in South Florida when she could have stayed in Paris forever.

But then she would not have found me or Dogdad, or even young Just Harry. So I guess it all comes out OK.

Vive les chiens!!! And for your ma ape: Vive les singes!!

Ton ami, Jacques

8:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't forget about the stinky cheese!!
Ike

8:39 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Hiya Wally! I never met a corgador before. Cool! Man I sure would like to get my snout on one of those pastries.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Viv la Wally is what I always say!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:40 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally.
You are right! We don't need long legs to be great!
Eclairs? I don't know them but sure look delicious!
Have a good night
Lorenza

10:51 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Ooooooo, those eclairs look soo yummy! I've never tried one of those before so maybe I'll go find some soon! Heeeheee...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

6:08 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober butt!

Of course, YOU are the best thing about bastille day! Love all that angst, ennui and hunger. (captured in one shot - how DID you DO that?)

Buddy, I need your snail mail address. I have something I think will help you and Ike (BPP's forever) on le tour. Peemail me with it at AireStanley@mchsi.com please.

Goob love and angst,
Stanley

7:30 AM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Mmmm...eclairs...pretty much any type of French pastry rocks my world!

I don't know much about Bastille Day, but storming stuff sounds great! Can I join in?

Puggy kisses
Suki

4:28 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

where is the cheese?! that is the best!! and french fries! and french toast!!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Le Wally is Le Coolest!

Sherm

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home