Friday, March 23, 2007

Dog Food Recall Update


A lot of my fellow bloggers have posted info about the Menu Foods recall, prompted because over a dozen dogs and some goddamn cats have died from kidney failure. Apparently they've found the culprit--aminopterin. Also known as rat poison.

My mum is now highly paranoid about feeding me manufactured dog food even though she doesn't feed me any of the wet foods on the list. I suggested she could taste my food before I eat it but she hasn't taken me up on that. I hope this means naked ape food for me! I think tonight is green curry night--I can do that.

On a serious note, I hope none of my friends (and even their goddamn cats) have eaten the rat poisoned food. Stay healthy, pals.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

It's just downright horrible to keep reading about all of these food recalls! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks for the info Wally!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jasper said...

ARFuuuuGRUFFFF...I'd like to get a hold of whoever is responsible for that rat poison! That is HORRIBLE and my Momma and Sissy are so upset over it. Momma is thinking of changing my diet too.
xoxo
Jasper

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

My mom is super paranoid about that pet food recall. With everything she went through with Angel Daisie you can understand why. I told her she should give us more people food then she wouldn't have to worry.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Suki said...

Hey, check out the PUG! YAY!

Wally, if your family is concerned about those foods (which they should be) but don't have the time to cook or do the BARF diet - which mom's not too keen on, anyway - you should tell them to try Natural Balance. It's super healthy and not that much more expensive than Beneful and all that crap cuz they can feed you a little less since it's so much better. Twix and I eat it and love it.

Puggy kisses
Suki

7:53 PM  
Blogger Boo said...

hey wally, just visited nanook's blog. gosh, he looks so much like you in the head!

wet wet licks

Boo

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

My 15 year old lab died last month. Why? The vet claims fluid in the chest. But he stopped eating and drinking water. Didn't move. He was eating Nutro dry dog food. The vet claims it came on "suddenly." No warning. We then gave him gravy dog food to get him to eat. So we're unsure why he died. In fact, no one will know until we hear more, or as I say, the real facts will come out. I will bet every dollar I have that there is MORE contamination with this recall. Why did it take three months to hear about this poisoning by CHINA? The food was contaminated since Dec. 2006. My family now has a new lab. We paid $850 and are training her again. Keep in mind, families with pets, especially dogs, give them training. This is costly. A good dog, requires special care, food and training. Imagine if our dear lab was a service dog? What would the cost be to replace him then? These dogs cost $50K up to replace. It is not like going to the pound and getting a replacement.

I am so upset. Now I hear on my local news (not national) as well as international (Canadian) that it "might" be in the human food supply? They can't rule this out? Let's see. Where is our Homeland Security dept? Where is our Dept. of Agriculture?

I read last week that one of the US processing plants for dog food which was part of this recall was located in Kansas. Apparently, this same plant was fined years ago for contaminated cow food, and the FDA or dept of agriculture had to intervene and warn them not to mix certain feed in their product for cattle.

Mad cow?

There is definitely more to come from this CHINA poisoning.

I don't believe anything they tell me.

My otherwise healthy lab is gone and I'm now left wondering who is watching out for Americans!

Angela
Washington, State

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home