Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks!

Hello to my bloggy friends and family! I am overexposed in this photo to wish you all a happy thanksgiving. This year I am thankful for my ticker that takes a licking and keeps on ticking. For my brudder and sister who protect me from harm, usually from myself. And for my apes who think I'm the bee's knees even when I'm stubborn and get up at 3 a.m. and even when I need my ma ape to sleep on the floor with me during the thunderstorms. I am also grateful for all of my friends who leave me wonderful comments (and especially my girlfriends and my bromances) even when I'm lazy and can't get around to visiting everyone. And I am also grateful for a new Thanksgiving tradition we started this year...


Lambs and yams! My ma ape has been meaning to get me something special-like for the holidays and this year she got me A LAMB LEG!

Look at Oscar! He's squinching his eyes so he can open them up and be sure he's not dreaming.

Here's a perspective photo so you can see how big the leg is (or, conversely, how short I am). Ma ape, I think the leg goes the other way round.

Here it is cut up and in our dinner bowls--lambs and yams!

Yup--that's the Wally bowl! With my lamb prepared just how I like it--RAW!

Ethel enjoyed hers.


Oscar is ecstatic.
I could have nommed all day on that leg!

And this is what apes eat:

It is tofurkey and mushroom gravies and stuffings and yamnapples and brussels sprouts. And also champagne from Washington state which is also where my ma ape found me.


I hope everyone had a thanksgiving as wonderful as mine.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!!

Yummmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of woo!

We have so much to be thankful fur!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I wonder if Bo got lamb and yams?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

You guys give new meaning to the phrase "lucky dogs."

gussie

7:59 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

That is the right way to celebrate!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:40 PM  
Blogger Beckett said...

omdog Wally, that looks so good! My mom had one of those stupid vegan no-turkey days and wasn't CONSIDERATE like your apes. Sheesh!

Beckett

10:23 PM  
Blogger Scout and Freyja said...

Wishing you and yours the most blessed of days as we break bread with friends and family or spend our time as a volunteer with any one of the numerous charities in need of our time and talents.

Peace, plenty, prosperity - my wish for the United States of America.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Awww Wally!

I am so thankful for you!!!!!

MUUUUAAAAAHHHH!!!

Love & Licks,
Randi

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wally, when you say overexposed you usually meant something entirely different!

Happy Thanksgiving from Robin, Shelby and Blue in Stoodleville

3:56 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I LOVE brussels sprouts, but that lamb leg... OMG! You are totally the luckiest dude ever.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Slobbers,
Mango

7:29 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

That leg was almost bigger than you! I can't believe you had to share it with the sibs. That was incredibly generous of you, Wally. Now digest quickly, because Sunday is the Grey Cup!

xo
SB

11:35 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Yummers!!!

I, Jake, have been refusing to eat because I'm tired of the same old kibble... So may I come live with you and have such delicious food????

Lamb!!! Yams!!! Lamb leg to chew on!! --- I'm on my way.

Wirey woofs,

Jake of Flori-duh.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

You are one lucky pup. That is about all we can say.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Sunshade said...

Wally WAAALLLLLLLLL-Y!!!!!

Long time no see! It's me Miss Sunshade, I don't know if you remember me because my mum hogged the computer for like 2 years or so... But I certainly remember you, and boy you look as hunky and handsome and healthy as I'd remembered!

You really look great (and I read you could be 14!!). It must be all the LOVE, BLOGGING, and RAWWWW EATABLES and BONEABLES and VEGETABLES and S'CREAMABLES!!

I also see that you got a new brother who looks a lot like Etheyl. He looks like a pretty handsome stud (does he still have his lovelies?), but of course, you are the true hunky stud.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

9:30 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Wow Wally! You and the peppy sheppys are some lucky pups! Your ma ape obviously loves you if she will feed you lamb legs while she is eating tofurkey! Looks like a happy day for everyone and we here at the Mooselodge are thankful your ticker keeps on keepin' on! I bet it is directly related to the lamb legs!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home