Monday, April 21, 2008

Cross-Species Bonding!

So tonight I am have a totally cool cross-species bonding night! I have locked my rabbit-hunting sissy in the bedroom and my best rabbit pal Finlay and I will be watching one of our favorite shows about a strange and unusual species--Southern Californicus Vacuouosis--on The Hills! We are like anth-ro-pologists studying another culture, one with lots of eyeliner and exclusive nightclubs that all look the same. But importantly we have to be ready for some quality dining. So Finlay wanted her favorite chow--PIZZA!


My ma ape said I could not have pizza because that's what the other Ape got me for dinner Friday night and I had a touch of the gas all weekend. So my ma ape said she would make me something special. I thought maybe from this book because the person that Finlay owns is the publicist--Veganomicon!


But my ma ape said I don't have to eat just vegetables because I am an omnivore--I eat anything (and everything.) So she said I could make a special cake for a special occasion--Penny's burpday and Sherman's-Healthy-As-A-Tank Day! So she made me liver and heart pie! I tasted the ingredients to make sure they're a-ok:



And then she put it in the oven and I guarded it very carefully:


The pie is delicious, Finlay! Now let's watch some MTV! Dra-ma!


P.S. Recipe for Liver/Heart pie (which ma ape was wingin' cuz Sherman's mom was improvising their beef heart cake and she was inspired): One package beef liver, One package beef Heart (about 2/3 pound each), four eggs (with shells), two apples, half a cup of cottage cheese (approximately), 2-3 cups oatmeal. Grind wet ingredients in blender. Pour into bowl. Blend up oatmeal (my ma ape learned this from ShermApe--it gets the liver nastiness off the blender!) in the blender until fine. Mix in bowl. Spread on cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Listen to whining until it cools. Cut into pieces with cookie cutter. Feed to whining dogs.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Moco said...

That liver pie stuff sounds like something we would love.
I hope you and Finlay had a great evening together.
The only thing on our TV anymore is baseball.
Sorry about your gas. Dawson gets the worst gas. It could clear a room.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Gas is good. :) Mom doesn't think so but it makes her get up and give me the whole couch. That looks like a good dinner your mom made you. Have fun watching tv

8:22 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Sign me up for about 20 of those pies please!! Where in the heck did that Rabbit come from?!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Pizza and liver pie!!! No comments. Just drooling!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:52 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

OMdoG, that pizza & liver pie looks soooo deeleecious!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:29 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally, Were you really truly hanging with that bunny rabbit? Like hanging out in the same room, paw to paw? I want to see photos of that! I'm not sure I could do it. I think I might try to pick the rabbit up.

xo
SB

9:54 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

I am figurin' that your ma ape had to make that pie so you wouldn't eat the rabbit.

It still looks good
gussie

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Oh, Wally! We don't think we would be able to control ourselves around Finlay... he just looks too delicious. :) Plus, we've never actually caught one--unlike yourself--so we would be sorely tempted!Besides, our human has taken to calling all of them Howard. How could we violate any beast named Howard?!

J&N

1:24 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Keep an eye on that rabbit. They are evil.

Simba xx

3:13 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Don't tell Finlay...I had rabbit for dinner tonight. That liver/heart pie sounds SO yummy...thank your Ma Ape for making you yummies in celebration of my "I'm healthy as a horse" dya!

Mom bought her hearts in bulk last month & they were like 8 lbs each. She had to cut them up by hand & said we get no more beef hearts after this...cuz it was so gross. I told her I'd just gnaw thru them for her. Anything I can do to help.

Sherm

3:48 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Yummmm

6:52 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Boy!

That first photo of you tasting the ingredients is one of the BEST Wally photos EVER! My girl was swooning and talkin' all about how she'd be giving you an Atomic Booty Scratch and some extra mooshy love squeezes if she could reach through the pooter.

Alas, since she cannot, I accepted the Atomic Booty Scratch and mooshy love squeezes in your stead. I took it like a man, too.

The pie looks FABuloso, and so does your rabbit friend.

Goober love & salmon breath smooches,
Stanley

9:35 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Aw, man - and I was excited over my bison bone.
Ike

10:21 AM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

You suck, how do you and Sherman always get the good stuff???????? We're running away.

Your Ape should understand your gas is your signature.

Bear

3:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Wally. I love your blog. I posted a story about Jack, my son's wonderful dog, on my blog today. The site is
http://www.bebebahnsen.com/Bebe/Blog/Blog.html
My other animal posts so far are about my cat, Scruffy, who is a piece of work. I also post on politics. Hope you and your friends will visit my blog.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wally, I'm starting to feel hungry now after seeing the pictures.


lots of licks

xox

5:18 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Oh Dog Walls! It sounds scrrrrummmmpppptttttious!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home