Friday, November 23, 2007

My New Team


Well, my Cornhuskers went down in flames (not literally, though I am craving roasted Corn). But my Sophina La Brador has come to my rescue with fantastic news! The Saskatchewan ROUGH RIDERS have made it into the GREY CUP--the Canadian version of the Super Bowl. Leave it to the Canadians to name their major football game the "Grey Cup." NO! The world of sports is black and white!

Um, sorry, I got distracted. As I was saying, the ROUGH RIDERS, whom I love because I believe myself to be rough and TOUGH are going to be playing for the championship! And, I thought to myself, surely they will need a ROUGH RIDIN' mascot. So I am waiting 1) for a call from the Cornhuskers who will be needing a new coach tomorrow and 2) to hear from the Rough Riders calling me into duty!

In particular, Ms La Brador has just informed me that the ROUGH RIDERS fans wear hollowed out WALLYMELONS on their heads during games! So I am hereby offering my services. I will be your mascot, running onto the field for inspiration and entertainment during time outs, halftime and commercial breaks, AND I will do the difficult task of hollowing out these Wallymelons! I could not find a picture of the Wallymelon hats (though much time was wasted in their pursuit, and I tried to convince my ma ape to make one and wear it, to no avail)


" border="0">

I did find a picture of a Wallymelon Football Salad. GO ROUGH RIDIN' WALLYMELON!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Joe Stains said...

Wow how will you find the time to be a coach and a mascot! Ethel will have to be your secretary!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

My mommy just thinks that Canadian team has a funny name. If you need help hollowing out some of those Wallymelons I would be happy to help!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
Clewly this is the pawfect team fow you and they'we vewy lucky to get you!!!!!
gweat looking Wallysalad!
I thought I ate enough yestewday fow a week, but i find i'm hungwy again
smoochie kisses
Asta

1:19 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober!

Though I know you'd be just what the Hooskers need in a coach, I say take the mascot position. Your adulation will be the result of your entertainment value, not how some post-pubescent hooman boys take direction from an amazing sports brain, such as yourself. (Plus, all the wallymelon you could ever want).

Do they REALLY wear hollowed out wallymelons on their head?! (Canadians... GO FIGURE!)

Goober love,
Stanley

Pee Ess
I expect season tickets to whichever gig you choose.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Wally, sounds like you are going to be one busy pup!!! I'm with Suki Su and will be more than happy to help in the wallymelon hallowing!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

1:47 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Boy I wish I could be a mascot Wally. Very cool, Very cool! I say go for it man!

1:47 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wally the wuff wider...thats what you should be....too bad they beat my lions though...humphhhh...my dad is happy....good luck getting in the games though..i hope you like the snow wally.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

I don't know where you find the time and inclination to follow all these sporting teams.

The only interesting balls are the ones in your mouth.

Pippa

4:47 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

I think I am becoming delusional. I thought I saw Wally smoking a bully stick with the body of a Wallymelon. Tell me that it is just you being you and not my loose mind playing tricks on me.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally! I found some wallymelon heads for you. YOU have to watch a lame video to see them, but they are there!

xo
SB

p.s. It is only my mom who is from Saskatchewan, not me. So please don't think I'm a lame weird freak after watching the video. My mom might be, but not me!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

well, of course, what else, Wally the Pawfect Mascot!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We saw the same thing the grammie saw. It frightened us and we are going to bed.

the whippet waggle

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home