Monday, July 23, 2007

Dogs in the Newsables

The NYT has had a couple of interesting dog stories in the last week. This one is about the popularity of books about dogs. There is only one thing I can conclude from this--it is prime time for me to get a literary agent to sell my memoir! Please alert the Pulitzer people to start engraving my name now. I would appreciate any suggestions for a title.



And here is this story about states developing laws about "dangerous dogs," requiring owners to muzzle their dogs and buy insurance, etc. if their dog bites a person or another animal. About a dozen people are killed by dogs every year. The article talks about how some of the problem is caused by homeless dogs abandoned by stoooooooopid dog fighters. Seems like the real problem is dangerous naked apes. Someone should pass a law about THAT.



But the most interesting story was this one about Animal Precinct on Animal Planet, it follows the animal cops while they enforce animal cruelty laws. It is getting some criticism because some animal welfare folks think it overrepresents the actual enforcement of cruelty laws and has inflated the number of complaints beyond what they can respond to.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

My suggestion for the title of your forthcoming Pulitzer Prize Book is -

ahem......."The Wonder of Wally".....

love and licks, Marvin xxxxx

6:09 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I like marvin's title but I say you steal from disney and make it the wonderful world of wally.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about "From Wally's Mellon"?

7:26 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Do I get to be in your book???? Please???

I hate to wear one of those face thingys when I got my pink stiches. It made me scream like a little girl.

sherman

8:28 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Those were very interesting articles Wally. Thanks for sharing...

I have to say I like 'From Wally's Melon' best!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

We love Animal Cops! In fact my aunti Maui is thinking about going back to school to become a cop so she can work for the ASPCA. She's pretty much my hero.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Misty DawnS said...

My Mommy just finished reading a book that had a yellow lab on the front-she cried and cried-but, it worked out good for us, because she came running to give all three of us TONS of hugs and kisses-She kept saying "I luv u"!

Mommy gets really mad and starts yelling at the tv when she hears about the dangerous dogs laws. It really gets her all fired up! She starts yelling stuff about "Lock the owners up, not the dogs!" Mommy doesn't have much patience for stupid humans.

I, personally, love to watch Animal Planet and dog shows with Mommy. But, my dumb brother Tag gets all wound up-starts barking at the tv and puts his nose prints on the screen-the dummy actually thinks he can get in there and get the other dogs! Mommy says he's a smart dog, but geesh, sometimes you have to wonder!

Great post!
Molly

12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When are you going to the photo shoot for your cover art?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home