Friday, May 23, 2008

Medical Miracles

Someone call the pope because I'm ready for my sainthood. The vet has diagnosed me with a medical condition called BEING A MIRACLE. But I get ahead of myself. I'd like to tell you about my visit to the VET.

So, first my vet's scale is BROKEN.


That is, um, my sissy's weight and not mine. I swear. I'm not in the picture so you can't prove anything.


Second, they made us wait in a room and look at the posters on the wall:

And:


A little heavy-handed DON'T YOU THINK??? So my sissy gets totes nervous at the vet and she likes to sit on my ma ape:


And this is her nervous face with her funny ears:


She also snuggles with me for safety but we are defenseless before the NEEDLE OF DOOM.


But I was totally polite and the vet said I am always the SWEETEST DOG. And I was polite and left him this pile of fur to remember me by:


So in addition to spending my ma ape's tax refund we got some great news. My heart sounds WONDERFUL. And the vet said that he's never seen a dog with a heart that was as bad off as mine live for more than a year. And I'm TWO YEARS past the time when I was diagnosed with a BIG HEART. Now I just have a murmur. Can you guess what my heart is murmuring?

This is the face of a miracle:

If you would like to know the secret to my self-healed heart it is:

1) the greaterest friends on earth
2) loads of beef heart
3) regular roaching
4) the love of (a) good dog(s) (you know who you are)

Labels: , , , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

OH YEAH! We always knew you was special, but we think you are our first miracle.

Thank you.

Serrously
Gus and TEka

6:35 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Yeah!

You and I weigh the same -give or take a few vitabones. Is that scary or what?

ernest

8:18 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

What great news about your heart. We love it.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

I know that "love of a good dog" was directed at me...Sam will just have to deal. Love ya, man...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Um, I weigh 3 lbs more than your sissy. She is WAY too thin.

Great news on your ticker dude. I knew you were a marvel.

Sherms

9:16 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Oh Wally! You are a MIRACLE! I'm so happy your ticker is ticking great & only murmuring & not being all big & angry...

Why does your sissy get all nervous at the vet? Is it cuz she can't YELLLLLLLL???????

OH Wally..I KNOW you meant that love note about me.....everybody else can just GET IN LINE!

Love & Licks,
Randi

9:22 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

That is just the best news! You gotta give you ma ape credit, Walleye, she must be doing a really good job!

happy wags from the whippets

10:14 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

We have always known that you are special. There is and will only be one of you. It shows you can't keep a GREAT dog down.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Thank DOG you both survived throughout the vet's procedure! Hehehe...That is really great news Wally. You look very happy!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:23 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD Wally...that is just the bestest news ever!!! your ma ape must be sooooooo happy!!! And I am too!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

11:41 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

St Wally, yer, I like it. Maybe they will name a street after you. Glad to hear you are ok.

Simba x

3:01 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What awesome news, Wally! We hope your heart keeps ticking forever!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:11 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

What great news. And poor Ethel. She looks sooo very scared.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Saint Wally, I might have to take Randi down, because I just know you are murmuring for me. I'm so thrilled to hear about your miracleness and sainthood. Somewhere in Twin Peaks land, they are naming a school after you.

xo
SB

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saint Wally T. That just rolls off the tongue.

Pooooooor Ethel. Good thing you were there to comfort her in her time of fear and trembling.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Wally T. Corgador, patron saint of bull pizzle. Sounds good. I think you are a miracle for sure. I like to leave lots of furs at the vet too.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
those are very good news, Miracle Boy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3:49 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Great news! You are a miracle!
Ike

9:27 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Ahhh, Woober Boy!

I've known for months that you were miraculously gooberlicious! Your heart will always be in my heart, which means we're ticking away for each other! All other takers can just kiss my big hairy a$$ and take a number! I know I'm at least one of the dogs you're murmuring about.

Goober love & heartfelt smoocharoonies,
Stanley

Pee Ess
My girl says I have to apologize to all the other dogs out there for telling them to kiss my netherend!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Wally, man, you are immortal! How cool is that?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Pippa said...

I have been so busy writing on the Ethel posts I thought I had better congratulate you on being the absolute dogs n***s. Or do I mean dogs hearts? Anyway. Good one bro.

Pippa

1:34 PM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

Hi Wally!
I am just beyond happy to hear your wonderful miraculous news! You truely are a very special pup! Your ma ape is so lucky to be consistantly in the presence of such greatness!!!
Congrats on your and your sissie's great reports!!!

Smooches,
Winnie :-)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home