Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Burpday Onkel Eric!


Why am I singing? Because tomorrow is a very important day! It is my Onkel Eric's BURPDAY! And I am singing "You loooook like a monkey and you smellll llike one tooooooo!" But my Onkel will not be offended because he loves apes. My Onkel Eric always complains that I am spoiled but I think he's just jealous. Well, I know that my Auntie Ira (she of the abundant pastrami!) will spoil him on his burpday. As I gift I would like to volunteer to write the final chapter of your dis-hurt-station. It will go a little something like this:

While all of this stuff about postmodern American literature is quite interesting it is clear that the novel as a form has been displaced by a new and far superior literary form: THE DOGBLOG. (excessive footnotes to be added). The heterotopic space of fragmented subjectivities a will be replaced by a dogotopia in which linear notions of time and bounded space shall be replaced by the immediacy of canine experience . Human metanarratives and the rejection of those metanarratives will be remembered as mere anti-nostalgia for a time when anyone gave a crap what the naked apes said and did, a dark time before the rise of the dog-centric narratives in which the time is always now, the place is always here, and the food bowl is always full.

There, DONE! Let's eat and drink! I'm pretty good at this academic crap And if that doesn't work, maybe this dude can lend you a hand:

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

Wally you are to smart for me to understand what you said but Happy Burpday to your Onkel Eric

9:08 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wow! I think you just deconstructed the entire academic world and all of its' pretensions!

If Onkel Eric does not want the final chapter, maybe my sissy E.Rabbit would like it?

kissies
gus

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Brilliant Dr. Wally! When do you start making the rounds at conferences?

xo
SB

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday to Onkel Eric!
Have a good night
Lorenza

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hehehe, happy birthday Onkel Eric. J x

3:43 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wow, that's just loverly! I'm jealous too...Hehehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:51 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

That could not have been expressed any better. It made perfect sense to all of us. Maybe not Dawson though.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Wally, you are one deep thinker.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday to Onkel Eric! We hope he has one special day!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

8:26 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally....it is E.Rabbit in DeeSee working on the disturbation, E.Beth is on year seven of the five year BA problem.

Gussie

1:13 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Don't fret Walls, it is just that neither you nor I will be around to help E.Beth with any type of disturbation, unless it deals with alcohol of some type.

gussie

1:58 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Happy Burpday Onkel Eric!

sherms

5:52 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Whoa, Wally, that is good.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Happy bd uncle eric!

Never heard metanarratives before.

Funny.

My uncle Al's bd is tomorrow, he's more in the larygeal polyps and what not. Boring!

smooches to my favorite superdelegates!

ernesto

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home