Saturday, December 26, 2009

St. Wally's Feast!

Today is Boxing Day and also St. Stephen's Feast and my good pal Gus has written me a wonderful tune to celebrate the day on which we are to give prezzies to the less fortunate. You can find the lyrics on his blog and sing along as you look at these pictures of me enjoying my pawliday.

On Christmas Eve my Auntie Claus arrived from Sweden the North Pole and brought good cheer and prezzies for all. I felt good enough to eat a chew with both of my teeth!

And I got a new buffalo that I can wear as a snazzy faux fur coat.

Or vanquish with great relish.

And because I have been extra special good I got ANOTHER lamb leg!

Which my ma ape did butcher with great skill and flourish (and a little bit of gagging). WARNING: GRAPHIC MEATY PHOTO! And yes, that is a bloody band-aid from where she did nearly butcher a bit of her hand.







It has been much fun and also much work to keep track of my pack so I am in great need of a nap here on my nest of a monkey stick, my ma ape's coat that I pulled off the couch, and a Best Friends bag from my besties in the Brat Pack. Ahhhhh.

I hope everyone remembers the less fortunate today. My ape has purchased some bags of supplies to give to the dogs at the SPCA in honor of Gus and his mad songwriting skills. May all dogs follow in my footsteps to find wonderful new homes:

Therefore, all ye dogs, be sure,
Wealth or rank possessing,
Ye who now will bless the poor,
Shall yourselves find blessing.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Yummy, Meat, and toys. Santa Paws really likes you.
Sally Ann

4:33 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

What? She didn't just put the lamb leg on the floor for you to enjoy? Oh well. I suppose it was most happy making anyway.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:06 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

That's so sweet. My mom was less fortunate and had to WORK today!
Ike

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally Wally Wally Woo, I can't think of anything to say but I love you. And Joe Stains, who is still #1, which in no way makes you #2. Maybe you can be Boyfriend A.

xoxo
SB

6:40 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Nom
Nom
Nom
!!!

Mom did a transport with a doggie that was Mango kholoured! Just WAIT until woo see him!

Nom
Nom
Nom
!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

8:08 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Oh my Walls...thanks to you and your ma ape for the kind words. Ummm...do you think you can spare any lamb leg?

gussie

8:26 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Always thinking of others. You are truly a saint.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

what a great pup you are for thinking of all the others this holiday season! Enjoy your yummy lamb

1:04 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Mom has that pink knife! Of course she made me say that I don't care about the darn knife I just want some meatables.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

Just called by to wish you all a very Happy New Year Wally and Co!

May 2010 bring you lots of meatables and much good health, and lamb legs.

Although I personally think your own Wally Legs are just as stylish, as any old lamb leg. Stay just as perfectly Wallyable as you are in my humble Marvin opinion.

lotsalicks, Marvin xxxxx Who has been very remiss with his blogging just lately.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home