Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wally's Wild Weekend!

It was a busy weekend in the Wally household. It was supposed to be the FIRST Hoosker game on the teevee so I got all in my gear, invited over some friends (with human pups! I do love the human pups) and got ready for the game.

And football is great because it always means a great spread of snacks! (Including Vodka, thank you Alice for your blue bottle vodka and your great lawn for napping.) But then the Nebraska game WAS NOT ON so they could show the UW/USC game? WTF!

I was all, who wants to watch UW? They never win nothin'! And I should know cuz I live with UW alumni! And I'm from Washington. But then....

They CRUSHED the University of Spoiled Children! Haha! And it turned out ok because they apes could watch the game on the Internets. And, more importantly, I could eat snacks! (PS Note Ethel has her bone AND Oscar's. Haha!)

We dogaboos were supposed to stay on the porch because my brudder can be MEAN to new peeps and we didn't want him scaring the little human pups (3 years and 7 months).

But I got to come inside because I'm nice and I don't bark (Oscar) or knock people over with enthusiasm (Ethel.) I am listening with rapt attention to my guest Reynolds who used to live in Nebraska and knows all about the Cornhuskers. And he and I shared some HBO words.


Because, as you can see, the refereeing was shocking and appalling.

And, as my sad eyes broadcast, I am saddened by the Huskers' ONE POINT loss. So sad.

Even Oscar was totally bummed.


I could barely contain my sadness. I am snuggling here with a white gorilla (from Grammie) in his Huskers tee.


Oscar and I were so sad we snuggled together. But I gave one of the human pups one of my apes (of the hairy, toy sort, not my naked ape) and felt better because she named him Mr. Boo and will take good care of him. She also less likely to get drool all over him and pull all his stuffing out. All's well that ends well.

Plus, it's hard to stay sad when you're this handsome.

This week there will be no SPCA Saturday because there is an SPCA Saturday AND Sunday. Oh yes, my ma ape is a trollop of the highest order and has only been encouraged in her loose ways by the whippet waggle's Patience who gave her award! So now I have to give her the award on my blog AND show evidence of her straying. I am a cuckolded dog.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

DUBS rokhks!

Even if he is a MAL and not really a Husky!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

8:34 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Yeah, at least she isn't going to new yawk without you.

gussie

8:54 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

That was nice of you give your toy to the human pup.
Sally Ann

9:02 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Your mom needs a chastity harness.
Ike

11:08 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wowsers between you joe and mango...this has been a handsome overload on the blogs this weekeend...i jsut dont know if my ole heart can take it.....

12:15 AM  
Blogger Reuben said...

Uh, I hardly know what to say, but you are FUNNY!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally, I can't believe you weren't watching that Roughriders game yesterday. We lost 21-17. But don't worry Wally. It's not your fault. I didn't watch either and even had to go check the score just now.

Those bones look really good.

xo
SB

5:33 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

You are truly handsome even in your sorrow. So much excitement for one day! You must be bushed.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:52 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
What a n eventful and exciting weekend..I must say, my heawt skipped a beat when I saw youw handsomeness in that shiwt..that hooman pup is extwememly lucky to get a pwesent fwom you.
Sowwy about youw game..please cheew up and think of the snacks
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:32 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

We thinks the award was well deserved! ;)

B&V

9:10 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

That was one busy weekend. You will surely need many naps after all that excitement. Wasn't that UW win just something?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Sorry the TV lied to you :( My steelers are not on here and I am not allowed to go to the bars where they show the games but Mom said maybe we can find it on the internets too.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home