Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Housecleaning

I must warn you. This week's SPCA Saturday is EPIC. There are stories of love (a dog and his tennis balls, a beagle and his half beagle friend, and two pitties in lust) and epic battles, mostly between my ma ape and her urge to bring home two dozen dogs every week.

So while she is editing these pictures I thought I would show you some new things at my new house.

First, Grammie was worried about my yard and whether there was enough space. Barely. But here is part of it. You can see me a bit up at the top and sissy likes to sit up in the top between hostas. (And yes, that is a church behind us.)

We installed a new alarm system, as you can see, that is quite effective. Or will be so long as the burglar is a dog who comes during the hours when the peppy sheppy alarm service is awake.

While I am head gardener, I hired Oscar Bean as my assistant in charge of watering, as he is doing here.

One evening I decided to have some fun with my slug friends in the hostas so I got them all drunk. They had a rough morning:

We got some furniture, most of which has made it into the living room. Our new Oscar-sized chair:


And a love seat. We're just demonstrating how love birds might use it. We are not ACTUAL lovebirds.


And here I am sunning myself in my favorite part of the house: my porch/deck combo.

Link
I am so behind on blogging and I still need to tell you about important things like Nebraska football, Vick Sticks, and many other important things that have slipped my mind because Twitter has given me a short attention span.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

@wallytkhorgador

Good Job!

Hugz&Khysses,
@Khyra

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

The deck looks like a very nice place to get some sun!! Hope you get lots of use out of it =)

Lilo

8:48 PM  
Blogger A. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

How's the stink now?
Ike

9:19 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

I love that last picture of you, Wally!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:08 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

You are a great gardner.
Sally Ann

11:14 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Looks like a great yard. You even have your own hill! But how nice of Grammie to be concerned about you guys.

We have a backup alarm system from those people who used to be Brinks, but I am still trying to convince muzzer that we should use that money every month for treats and trash the electronic crap.

gussie

7:46 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

OK, Wally, it has to be said...

That photo of you and Oscar makes you look like butt buddies (and I mean that in the nicest way).

I think the two headed sheppy would scare pretty much anything away.

Slobbers,
Mango

11:46 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I think your yard looks cool, you could start at the top and just ROLL down if you didn't feel like walking.

Mom is loving the couch and chair.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Wow! those couches look super comfy!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home