Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Poop Scoop!



I just came across this story about corgis at the Queen's garden party. I'm still not sure I understand the whole royalty thing but this Queen lady sounds ok in my book.

Guests at a Buckingham Palace garden party were wrinkling their noses at the Queen's corgis last night after stepping into something nasty.

Scores of people at the world famous invitation-only bash were astonished to find an unpleasant extra on the bottom of their shoes.

I'd like to think perhaps the corgis were engaging in a bit of class warfare against snooty magoos who don't think dogs belong at garden parties. Which obviously they do, as guests of honor.

"These parties are the chance for the great and good to meet the Monarchy but she will not budge when it comes to having the corgis involved.

"If Her Majesty feels they should have a walkabout then they shall - but obviously in this case they left a bit of a trail."

Though I have to say it sounds like these dogs have it pretty good.

"She feeds them titbits from the table and mixes up cooked meats, biscuits and gravy every teatime which she puts in silver bowls for them."

Teatime!! Is there a meal opportunity I have been missing?? I am part British, I most def need to indulge in this teatime!


Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

Oh yeah, we're corgis, we're bad. We don't take no sh**, we just leave it for you'se to step in. Yeah, we're bad, oh yeah!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

7:53 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We could send over our servant. She's fairly proficient at weilding the scoop. Or Swede William.

wags from the whippets

8:06 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

I wonder if she has heard of the pootrap? haha. Any guest who has a problem with it need not come back IMO! It is surprising that the clean up crew is not more attentive but whatever, those guests need to get over it! Long live the queen!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Corgis Rule...At least according to the Queen. I'm sure you are related to that bunch somehow. You have that regal air.

gussie

8:57 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Wow Wally!

Another meal time? I'm gonna call it WALLY-TEA-TIME...& we'll all get biscuits & crumpits & tea...I'm canadian too..does that count?

I'm sure the Queen wouldn't want us American pups to go hungry anyway..

& as for those poopy shoed guests...maybe they wont' stick their noses so high in th air anymore now that they have to look out for lawn bombs!

Love & Licks,
Randi

9:56 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Score one for the Corgis! BOL!

11:37 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

She is khool fur she loves them more than humans!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

oUR QUEEN oooops sorry didn't mean to shout there........our Queen is the best ever! We love her lots!

'cos we know she loves us dogs!

sorry I am late commenting, Wally, I have missed you very much.

I have been "drinking in the last chance saloon" because of bad behaviour apparently, so been keeping my Marvin head down.

However, as a True Brit I salute my Sovereign and her Beauteous and Most Regal ways.

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxxx

Our Queen Rocks!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

What's a little dog poo between royals.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

OMD... I'm not anything british,. but does it count that the USA was once british? cause I definitely could use a teatime liver scone!!! BOL!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

What's a little poo amongst friends. I bet they could sell it on eBay.

Slobbers,
Mango

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home