Friday, September 04, 2009

How to Clean a Skunky Monkey

This morning while we were on walkies my ma ape let us off leash at a park where there was no one there. No one but a wee skunk. So after scouring the internets and finding some useful sites about dealing with skunkies I thought I'd share my corgador wisdom. Here's how to clean a skunky monkey:

1. Find a skunky monkey. This should not be hard even if you do not have a dog's refined sense of smell because you can smell them from about a mile away. You can probably smell Ethel through this photo. I had expected a putrid smell but it's really more like a tire fire. Mmmm...burnin' rubber.

2. Make a mixture of one bottle of hydrogen peroxide, a quarter of a cup of baking soda, and add a little dish soap.

3. Rub it thoroughly into the fur and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse. Repeat as needed.


4. Enjoy being the only monkey that is not skunky and thus gets all the pets attention AND gets on the furniture.

5. Deflect rumors that this was all an agreement between me and another black and white beastie to hog all the attention. Also deny that this is a suggestion for one Ms. Samantha who is feeling neglected. (P.S. Sam--those skunkies are stinky enough I'm sure one could douse all of them.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Aww Wally...did that concoction do the trick to clean up those skunky monkeys? Luckily all black & white beasties like you & me & that skunkaroonie don't smell like that skunkaroonie...well, maybe my breath does today...time to brush my teethers!

Love & Licks,
Randi

9:00 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

As always you show who has the cleverness in the group.

9:34 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Once again, woo've shown what woo are made of!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

9:41 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I hope you gets lots of loving while the skunky monkies get unskunked!!!

Have a great holiday weekend!!

Lilo

9:47 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Wally,
Be nice to your siblings. What if you got skunked, would you like that? Well, I gotta go to bed.
Sally Ann

11:36 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

My Grandpa Angus got skunked and even after that most helpful bath he still stank every time it rained for like forever.

I bet those two don't even know they stink.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:37 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Congratulations. We feel sure that you got the First Bath because you are the First Dog.

gussie

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

You are indeed Wise Wally, I know why I look up to you!

Though have to bark, I am kinda worried the peroxide usage may be turning them into bleached blondes!

Glad I made your Ma Ape laugh out loud with my comments yesterday, hope she has recovered now though.

My J laffed at yours too on my blog!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxx

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh Wally, we not only share the burdens of extreme good lookingness, but extreme smarts too. You know how tempting those skunkies are to chase, but you and I would never get sucked into that one. Jamais! But I wonder if I can hire a skunk to spray my extremely tall brother.

xo
SB

8:47 AM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hmmmm-mom thought it was tomato juice for that-but what does she know??? We have missed you and are going to catch up(this will take time I bet) Mom is rejoining the world so I'll make sure she blogs for us and lets us visit our friends. Wally, for a short dude, you are tall in my eyes!
Hugs
Sunny

3:55 PM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

happy you guys are clean now

Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ

5:12 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

oh dear! How terrible for Ethel Jean and Oscar bean! Hope that did the trick! I will keep a sharp lookout for skunks but pretty sure they aren't around in the keys!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Tee said...

Ohhhhh....luckily your ma ape fround the elixir to stink! Else you'd be confined to the dog house outside, chained - so not to contaminate the grounds! Baking soda is amazing ... it cleans most stuff ... hear you can also get rid of stink with tomato juice.

Licks and wags

The Dog Woods Pack

10:36 AM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Wow! I hope that the combination worked to remove the icky smell. Should I wish more skunfa-fuses on your siblings so that you can get more lurves?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

peee eww! i have not been skunked yet although I do smell the beasts from time to time in my yard. mom says it's just a matter of time before I stink too! bleh!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous SwissyHugger said...

Ugh. Haven't been skunked before, but we'll be sure to try it on the basset when he rolls in raccoon poop.

4:12 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Yuck...even if you were skunked you'd still smell great.

xoxoxo
Samantha

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home