Friday, July 25, 2008

My Green Thumb

Many of you may not know that I am a MASTER GARDENER. I love all things garden. Especially the shade of the mater plants and watering the cuke leaves with my, ahem, organic water. Here is part of my garden, the part with cucumbers, okras, and jalenpeno PEPPERS. I don't like to eat the peppers but I might see if my brudder will. Just cuz.


Here is my eggplant! I have never seen a purple egg before but I'm looking forward to that omelet. Or maybe a quiche.

Maters! As you can see, my ma ape put them in crates but she crated them TOO LATE and now one of them is too big and unruly to put in a crate. Like my baby brudder! Ha!

And this is a loverly cucumber flower. The cucumber plants are CRAZY big. My ma ape is a little afraid of them. So are the okras.

I decided it would be important to impart my wisdom to baby brudder Oscar Bean so I decided to teach him the Art of Gardening.

First you have to pick an appropriate plot of ground.

Then you gently turn over the soil to make it soft enough to dig up.


Ahhhh..then you settle into the cool patch of just turned over soil and watch the ma ape sweat it in the garden.

Oscar seems to be a quick study.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Hey, you guys are great. Just don't plant Zucchini. Dad still wont eat the stuff, because their last year in Minny Soda, muzzer had a bumper crop.


gussie

9:30 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh lovely garden. Making the ma ape do the work is the best idea.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Yes he is a quick study, but he hasn't yet learned to master than fine art of exploiting good lighting. Just look how you have positioned yourself perfectly to take advantage of that sunlight streaking across the yard. You are one handsome dude Wallywoo!

Thanks for your compliment on my roaching style. Since meeting Nelly, I realize that I will have to work much harder at winning your heart. Damn these long legs!

xo
SB

9:33 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Hi Wally Tamale...oh my...a man that gardens...you just take my breath away, Wally Dearest...

Just wondering if your special organic water that come from your underbelly watering can is more potent ...those are some big veggies!

Love & Licks,
Randi

9:38 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Nice work, Walleye!!! The only time folks around here lock their houses and cars is when the squash is ripe. They're afraid their neibors will leave some in there house or car when they're not looking... but we LOVE it!

wags from the whippets

10:02 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

BOL!!! I like your style of cooling off... we haven't tried digging to cooler ground!

;o)
M & I

11:28 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

LOL! Good one! Mom is jealous of you garden!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Your garden is looking great, Wally! Nice work! Mom's eggplant plants are just existing! We don't have baby eggies yet!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:03 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I like gardening too! You and I are such sensitive, domestic type guys. I do get in trouble for over watering sometimes.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:26 AM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Mom says your blog reminded her of once upon a time waaaay before me when she had two rescue Goldens named Frisky Lady and Candy (in her defense, she was 8 and did NOT get to name them). Frisky LOVED jalapenos and Candy LOVED whatever Frisky did. Except Candy kept forgetting that she had to drag her tongue on the ground and sneeze a lot after eating the peppers. Ah, it make my mom chuckle a little. Candy wasn't the smarterest like you, Wally.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

gardening does look fun, I should try it some time except Mom said she has a black thumb. I am not sure what that means but it sounds a little racist to me.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

You have it down to a science. You are one clever dude and dude in training. Your vegetables are looking good.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home