Thursday, January 03, 2008

Goodbye Cow-causes!

I am taking a break from complaining about my diet to complain about politics! Thank goodness that the Iowa caucuses are OVER today so they can stop interviewing every single person in Iowa (and yet--I have not seen opinion makers like Butchy & Snickers!) and taking polls three times a day. My granny (N for Nebraska!) gets Iowa teevee stations so she has developed a close and personal bond with all of the candidates, especially the RomneyBot (haha! Don't spank me when you visit, granny! [N for Not a Fan of Mitt!!])

I hear there's been a surge by a dark horse candidate named Ernest Puppy. And his good looks and charm make him a shoo-in for New Hampshire.

My sissy and I are taking our anger out on a different kind of ape (who do you think we're pretending he is as we tear him limb from limb? And Republicans, it is just HEIGHTENED INTERROGATION TECHNIQUES so it's totally cool):


But then my ma ape told me a story about the Iowa caucuses that made me pass out. It completely undermined my entire world view, my belief system, everything I thought I knew and cherished:


My ma ape was a registered Republican. For three hours. During the Iowa caucuses of 1996. The horror! The horror!

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

We never lived in Iowa ourselves, but our human did--and we've heard those tales, too. Nothing as scary as being a Republican, but we hear that place does things to people... But not to dogs, thankfully.

J&N

3:04 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

OMD I feel like I don't even know your Ma Ape anymore. Snap!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD Wally...I'm barkless and I'm NEVER barkless! Let's hope she follows your lead and comes to her donkey senses!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

4:17 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey..my dad still has his "if I were 21 I'd vote for Barry" button, despite muzzer's best efforts to burn it.

But we bet your mom had a good reason for registering as a Republican in Iowa. Ask her to explain.

My dad was just young and stupid.

kissies

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Oh yeah? Well our Dad is STILL a registered Republican!! Not that he's voted that way for years, but still.

Think I should pee on him?

Sherman

5:46 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I am glad I don't bother myself with those politicks. or ticks. or lunaticks. or tanner.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We think they have to have cow-causes because that's where bully-sticks come from.
wags from the whippets

7:02 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Who in the hell are you living with man?!? It's like a stranger in your own home. I think we'd be less shocked if you said your ma ape ate a bull pizzle.

Bear

9:07 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

My owner mom never went to a cow-cause but she has to in Colorado. She watched them on TV yesterday and got scared. I think we need a dog in the white house. With a pet human.

Deefor

1:18 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Thanks for the Christmas card! Good picture of your mouths. Nice smile

Deefor

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the Ma Ape's 3 hours of infamy were part of an undercover investigative reporting assignment involving flannel shirts.

Granny with an N (for NEVER, NEVER need to listen to another Iowa political ad)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober!

I can empathize with you about your granny's affiliations. My grannie (I for Iowa) is a democrat, and cow-caused for Edwards, but says she'd support Huckleberry Huckabee. Waaaah. The horror...

I'm with you. They needed to interview a few good dogs.

Goober love,
Stanley

2:52 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

Where is Iowa?

And - what are Republicans? I don't think I would like them.

But Ma Ape sounds ok for most of the time. Even mistress is all right sometimes.

Best not to worry about their silly foibles.

Pippa

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home