Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Newfs Falling from the Sky!

Newfoundland rescue dog

My granny sent me this story about Newfs (and Labbies) working the beaches of Italy! No, not in bikinis (darn it!) but as rescue dogs, sometimes being dropped by helicopters to save those helpless humans.

Scores of specially trained dogs have been deployed as lifeguards on Italy's busiest beaches this summer.

The dogs, mostly of the Newfoundland or Labrador breeds, are trained to jump out of helicopters and boats and swim to the rescue of struggling swimmers.

They are credited with having saved several lives by taking lifebuoys to swimmers and towing them to safety.

Hmmm...I think we'd better go check this out! Nanook & Pooka, the Newfs of Hazard, Dory & Mac, and Bear--let's go to Italy and find out what's going on on these beaches. Road trip! Bring your bikinis!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Oh the thought of Nook & Pook jumping out of a helly-chopper is scawie...I wouldn't want them to get hurts!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

11:13 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Wowowo.......thats scary...nonono, Im a brave dog but still I think its scary.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh man, that's is scawie! But I think I wouldn't mind doing that since I love water sooo much but NOT heights! So i better go thought some training 1st...hehehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

1:26 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Think of how you'd feel, out in the open sea, bobbing along trying to stay afloat... and it starts raining Newfies! Whoa! That's like a weird psychedelic flashback.

Goober love,
Stanley

5:44 AM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

I'm totally IN!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home