Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rent-a-Dog

Several of my friends including Tad and Lola have been looking for fundraising possibilities. Well, CNN has reported on one! In size-cramped San Francisco, you can RENT a dog for a day and for a hefty price:

For an annual fee of $99.95, a monthly payment of $49.95 and a per-visit charge of $39.95 a day, (discounted to $24.95 Sunday through Thursday), animal lovers who enroll in FlexPetz get to spend time with a four-legged companion from Cervantes' 10-dog crew of Afghan hounds, Labrador retrievers and Boston terriers.

That's a lot of dough to be made! However, as corgadors are priceless (and I am busy dining with my new buddy Barack) I hope the ma ape does not get any ideas about making us WORK for a living. Though I'm pretty sure I could rent out my sissy to anyone who needs a tennis ball retrieval system (she could be the ball boy at a tennis match, except she would beat even the fastest player to the ball).

Here's an ad for my sissy from me. (Isn't there a word for dudes who rent out ladies? Let me think of it...oh yes, entrepreneurs!)


For rent: One totally annoying sissy who wants to play with tennis balls ALL DAY and is too skinny because she's totally picky and only wants to eat meatables. She runs really fast and wants to hunt anything and she can't control her stupid tongue. She likes to sit on laps. For $.99 a day you can take her off my paws! I accept Visa, Mastercard, Cash, and Wallymelons.

Hat tip to granny for seeing this story. I hope she wasn't trying to help my ma ape find a way to pay for my butcher bills.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Some hotels have dogs you can walk. The Fairmont in Vancouver BC has a nice lab.

N.mom keeps on threatening to stay there so she can get in a brisk walk between her meetings and shows.

I would pay 500 dollars to walk with you and your sissy.

ernest

7:24 PM  
Blogger Maximillian the Valliant said...

I'll pay whatever you want!!! I want to rent your sissie..she can run after balls and I will correct her and nip her in the butt. It would be awesome!

Maxey

8:13 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

These humans are awfully smart to include Boston Terriers!! I would rent your sissy so the doofus could chase her and I could get some rest.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally: Do you think you could also list Teka on the for rent page? She is pretty hard on Stuffies, and I love them. She needs to contribute and I already have a job.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Wally,
I have seen classifieds ads in Singapore offering such rent a dog schemes. Maybe we dogs should start scheme to rent our hoomans!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally.
I've heard about that. Do you think Ethel would like it??
Besos
Lorenza

10:08 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

You should charge more!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Rentable Boston Terriers...interesting. I sure hope my Mom doesnt' see this, she might want to rent me out and I don't think I'd like that at all!!!

Thanks for the warning...

Lots of Licks, Ruby

10:32 PM  
Blogger The Roseville Area Corgi Play Group said...

We love your blog, Wally!
Wanna trade links?!

Love,
Benny & Bear

10:55 PM  
Blogger fee said...

dear wally,

what a wonderful idea this is! maybe u could start a franchise all over the world and who knows, we may soon be able to branch out and put our parents and gramps up for rent too! KER-CHINK! KERR-CHINK!

loves,
fee

1:04 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

I will give you 2 wallymelons, how bout that??

2:31 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh reaallly??? Geee, what if the dog gets stolen by that person who rented it? But I honestly wouldn't mind renting sissy for the whole week(since the price is very cheap) then we both can go crazy with tennis balls day & night!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:06 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I was thinking of renting Sissy for a whole week too Amber! The price is just so affordable! Sissy and Mitch can wear each other out every day for 7 whole days! ahhhhhhhhhhhh peace and quiet!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:20 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Really? your sista is for rent? Can I rent you instead Wally?

~ girl girl

4:47 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

That's a very unscrupulous post there.

How can you possibly suggest renting out guapissima sissy for any sort of services?

I shall have to get on a plane and come and rescue her from the paws of her wicked stepbrother. (I hope it won't be tiring though)

Poor innocent, beautiful Ethel, about to be rented out into the slave trade.

Pippa (Perro in Shining Armour coming - slowly -to the rescue of his beautiful damsel)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Oh yeah...I'll rent Sissy! She and Lola can chase tennis balls all day (and Lola will be too busy to bite my legs) and in the evenings we'll lay in the yard & eat meatables.

Sounds perfect. Let me get my funds together

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home