Monday, July 23, 2007

The Fine Art of the Roach

My friend GooberStan asked me a very good question--why do I call this


roaching? Excellent question, my friend. I stole the term from the SUMDs (Skinny Ugly Mutant Dogs, I also stole that from them). You can see them roaching here. They are Extreme Roachers who like to walk on the wild side:



While I prefer a placid roachin' in a cornfield.


One of the first things I did when I was brought home from my rescue, after I tried to mount my sister Morgan and invited her to play, was flop on my back, throw my legs in the air and start gruntin'. I am assuming the SUMDs call this roaching because we do look like roaches when we do it. And given that my short legs have a hard time building enough momentum to roll me back to my stomach when I'm done, I can spend a fair amount of time like a roach on my back flailing wildly. Also, it is fun to say--ROOOOOOOOOOOACHIN!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Ferndoggle said...

That's why my folks adopted me! I ran into the room, flopped on the floor & started roachin' (and demanding belly rubs). I know how to work it!

Sherman

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that all the time! Mom thinks I'm silly!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Butt!

Thanks for the clarification, man. I realized even as I was reading that first post that I was lovin' saying the word ROACHIIIIIIN, and was hoping I could work it into my daily converstaions. I believe I might start doing that. (Sort of a word-o-the-day).

Obviously you didn't get the pizzle pic I emailed to you. Let me do that again before I retire for a night of much-deserved snoozing (in the roach position, of course).

Goob love,
Stanley

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

You just gotta ROACH!

(Megan is doing a lot of roaching at the moment, I think it's because she wants her tummy tickled!)

Snogs from the roaching SUMDs

Kerrio & co

1:04 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

ha ha, I do the same thing only on my side and stare at my mommy till I get belly rubs.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

11:35 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

I love to roach!Especially while flipping a toy around !!
frasier

1:56 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

"Roachin', moachin', the eggs are poachin'"


oooooh sorry your wonderful words brought out the so called poet in me.

Wally - you make me laugh soooooooo much you Roachin Beast you!

Marv xxxxxx

3:32 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Wally,
I get it now! Roaching eh? I do that like all the time. LOL! It's my favourite pasttime.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home