Thursday, June 14, 2007

Unloveable Losers


Why so glum? Let's discuss. I'm not a huge baseball fan. I prefer football (of the American and non-American sort) but my sissy loves baseball (involves flying balls and running in quick bursts. and stealing things). She recently put on her orange collar for the O's (she's a Marylander). I myself am a journeyman baseball fan which means I don't have just one team. My favoritests are the Cubs because 1) I look like a Cub 2) My Onkel Eric is a Chicagoan and 3) I am also put-upon and yet still loveable. I also like the Seattle Moaners because I used to live there!

Since moving East, though, I've started rooting for the Phillies because they're closeby which means they're always on the teevee. The NYT most e-mailed stories includes a story about my Team. They're about to set an AMAZING record for the most games (10,000) ever lost by a team in any sport! This is par for the course for Philadelphia which has the longest championship drought of any team with four major sports teams. And Philadelphia sports fans who are the sourest in the world, best known for booing Santa. In other words, they are not the loveable losers that the Cubs are. Nope, just losers.

Is it football season yet?

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Booing Santa? That is terrible! Santa ROCKS! I can't wait to get pressies from him this year :)

I don't know very much about sports, but I think I agree with you on the baseball thing.

Puggy kisses
Suki
-Oh, and I bet I'm going to end up tearing those darn stitches. I'm already trying to jump up on furniture and chase the cat, so now I'm confined to my crate. Not cool.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hmmm, you love sports eh?! I HATE sports! I think they totally suck... Regardless of what it is. But I know you don't think so. Hehehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

8:06 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

there is no baseball in my village (breathe sigh of relief)

an' it's getting way too hot for football

for anything

even for eating

Pippafatigued

8:24 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Booing Santa?! That's harsh. I don't follow baseball myself. It's not just that Montreal no longer has a team, but I find the balls are just too hard and unforgiving. I prefer the maleability of the tennis ball every time.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Oh Wally, you should become a die-hard Cubs fan, like us! Downtrodden but not beaten, bloody but unbowed and all that stuff. It's great fun! AND you get to hate the White Sox with an unforgiveable vengeance, which is always amusing.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

But do you like Australian rules football because I watch that with my dad and listen to him say what the fu*k is going on!?
Ike

10:38 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

My mom is from Pennsyltucky, but the good side where piksburgh is. Mom says they should just sell Filthadelphia to New Jersey.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Speaking from the home of Football.........it is not Football Season yet in the UK Wally! We have just closed for the so called summer. It is soooooooooo cold here today, we have the central heating on once more.

Think April, which was lovely, hot and sunny, was our summer!

love and footballing licks, Marv xxxx

11:20 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Wally -

We completely understand. We are a football and hockey fan family but since it is summer and we can see Boston skyscrapers from our roof we are kinda sorta Red Sox fans.

All we heard for years was "the curse". I've heard my humans says it was actually painful to listen to all the "curse" talk on the news and in the papers - it was a non-stop onslaught. Anyhow - thankfully the won a world series a couple of years ago.

Oh and my human finally noticed you have us listed as Dory Labradory - WE LOVE IT!

Have a great weekend.

Dory

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haahaahaa... What a small world. My pops is a Philly transplant!!! Thank Dog he didn't bring along those sensibilities to SEa-Town... but I am glad he regularly makes cheese-steaks at home!!!

Love Ya!
Tofu

12:55 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Dad likes the RedSox and the Mets but his greatest love is football! He's a HUGE NY Giants fan!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:26 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally.
I don't care too much about sports. My mom likes it a lot. Please don't hate her but she is a Yankees fan!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home