Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Day Out

Yesterday we decided to take a day off and go hang out at the state park. I was really excited because we always see snakes and peoples and fishes and turtles and FROGS and TOADS. And my granny had just sent me this story : The Dog Who Loved to Suck on Toads. He licked them for hallucinogenic effect which sounds very exciting.

We got to pack a backpack (to put on the ma ape/pack animal) of things we would want in nature. My stupid sissy brought tennis balls (of course) and her Chuckit. And her floppy tongue. I packed Evo biscuits and bully sticks and I tried to fit some chicken backs in there but the ma ape said they'd get rotten and stinky. Perfect for rolling! But she said no.

Here we are getting ready for our adventure:


Here I am striking out into the forest primeval. I think we were in the Amazon, that place that sends us books and veggie killers and cookware and shoes.


We got to do my sissy's favorite thing in the heat--swimming! Here she is in the lake. She could fetch ALL DAY in the water.


I prefer to play "wading." I CAN swim. I just prefer to cool my belly and relax.


My sissy gets all disheveled after the swimming!


And it's time to shake shake shake!


Shakin' it like a polaroid picture.


And after we walked a million miles I finally got to dig in to my bully stick.


I had deep thoughts as I chewed.


When I'm very tired my ma ape says I get my spacey look. But is she sure I didn't get any of those toads?

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

What a fun day Wally. Was it super hot? It's been so hot here Mom doesn't want to go outside much with me.

Lots of Lick, Ruby

8:13 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

I want to come adventuring too, but not today, I have a poorly tumtum

Pippathewimp

ps, I admire such tough dogs as Ethel, mmmmm

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Our Mom hasn't taken us anywhere fun recently because it's been too hot & she says I'm too old & the heat is too hard on me. NOT! I just pretend the heat is hard on me AT HOME...so I can lay around & not have to do any chores!! You'd think she'd know me better by now. Sheesh!

I'm very jealous of your fun day out!

Sherman

8:17 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I love your deep in thought photo! haha

Love ya lots,
Maggie

9:04 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Hallucinogenic toads sound a bit scawie!

Licks
Oscar x

9:14 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

How fun for you and ethel wally. I think you lookd dignified chewing on your bully stick

9:16 AM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Deep thoughts? How deep is a deep thought of a Corgador?

Come on - spill the beans.

(the picture is priceles...)

Kerrio & the SUMDs

3:35 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

That looks like the wilderness I was in when I learned how to lift my leg to make pee-pee! Did you walk a million miles to the Illinoisian wilderness?!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wow! You both got to play in the lake... how fun is that?! Wally, that bully stick looks yummylicious! I have yet to try that one... Can mail me a few? LOL!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home