Friday, June 29, 2007

Better Know a Naked Ape


I have been tagged by my pal Sherman over on Jackman Ave to share a bit about my naked ape (yawn!) and I've decided to do it in the style of Stephen Colbert's Better Know a District series in which he interviews House of Representatives members. You can watch those here.

As you can see he asks great questions and sometimes creatively edits the answers. Also--I should give Tadpole a shout-out for the interviewing idea.

Wally (W): Hi Ma Ape!
Ma Ape (MA): Hi Wally. Why are you giggling.
W: Nothin'. How old are you?
MA: That's a rude question Wally.
W: I bet it's older than me. How much do you weigh?
MA: Wally, that's even more rude.
W: More than me?
MA: Of COURSE.
W: Then why do I have to go on a diet.
MA: You make a very loud point, Wally. Next question?
W: How did you make the best decision of your life (ie, adopting ME)?
MA: I had a corgi growing up...
W: Why do you like corgis? Is it because they have short legs and big butts like you?
MA: ..and I looked on Petfinder. I decided to go and LOOK at you and as soon as I saw you I decided to adopt you.
W: Because I was so handsome, eh?


MA: Actually, you were kind of path...
W: Next Question! What do you do in order to earn money to buy me snacks?
MA: I am a social scientist.
W: What the hell is that?
MA: I study people.
W: Why don't you study dogs?
MA: Because I don't have tenure yet.
W: Why don't you earn more money so I can have more snacks and stuffies?
MA: Because I don't have any marketable skills other than reading books.
W: I see. How long have you been a vegetarian?
MA: Almost 17 years
W: And how much of your life is that?
MA: A little over half.
W: Let me do the math...so that makes you..
MA: Wally!
W: OLD!
W: OK, your vegetarianism bores me. What sports do you like?
MA: I like to swim and jog and I enjoy lifting weights. I like to watch football and soccer.
W: What football teams do you like?
MA: I mostly like college football--Nebraska football. And in pro I like the Seahawks, the Eagles, and the Bears.
W: What a coincidence! I like them too! If you were not a social scientist what would you be?
MA: A primatologist. Or a lottery winner.
W: Why aren't my granny and gramps visiting me?
MA: Because you bit your gramps WHILE he was giving you a snack last time. And they're very busy. They like to travel a lot to more interesting places than YOUR house.
W: Why are they so much more interesting than you?
MA: Why are you being so mean to me?
W: Because with these big brown eyes I can get away with it.
MA: Wally, I don't think this is very interesting for anyone.
W: I know you're not. So I'm going to put some pictures of me in to spice it up. Thanks, ma ape!



I'm off to do some taggin'.

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally, Thanks for tagging me :-(. Now I have to do something. Having Cha Cha around really takes the pressure off of me to be the family dog and now I have a task. geez. Okay, okay. I'll do it. But she's really boring.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Great post Wally...you can now sit in for Steven Colbert when he is on vacation!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

1:08 PM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Oh, Wally, you did a great job of interviewing your Ma Ape! My Mom and & were laughing like crazy imagining the two of you sitting at Stephen Colbert's desk.

Your Mom's job sounds cool! And she's NOT old ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I want you to know that I rose to your challenge, and seeing as how there is no time like the present, I already sat her down for the interview. Unlike her, I don't procrastinate. Now if you don't mind, I need to get some sleep.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh wally my mom and I bothed loved your interview of your ma ape. It was great and funny.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Wow. You go straight for the hard-hitting questions; no beating around the bush there (figuratively, of course... I'm sure you'd like to beat around the Dub'ya Bush litrally...). Bravo!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Great interview Wally! I'm not sure that we know a whole lot more about your ma ape but it was highly entertaining!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:16 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Ok Wally. Your ma ape is NOT old. She is, if we did the math right, only half as old as my muzzer and about the same age as my sister E.Rabbit. Muzzer says that is way young! Best be nice to her, she is good to you

5:59 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Wally, please tell your Ma Ape that my Ma Ape is very glad she participated in this tag...even though we know that she didn't want to. She's a very good sport.

And your interviewing skills are stellar. Bravo! Your ape is probably the same age is my ape, which is not just old...it's OLD AS DIRT (at least that's how she acts sometimes). They're lucky they have us to keep them young.

Later dude,

Sherman

6:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

your ma ape sounds interesting, but truly Wally, I would rather talk to you!

7:10 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Wally, you've got some serious skills but we already knew that. Sherman tagged me too and I'm working on it. I can't decide if I should interview or make her write an essay. I know what she does all day though and neither are going to be horribly exciting.

Dot-Spot

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally.
Thanks for that interview to your Ma Ape. Looks to me that she is a very nice person and fun too!
My mom wants to be a lottery winner too!
Have a good night
Lorenza

9:58 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Wally, your interview was hilarious!!! Now let's see... 17 times 2...um, that would be... OLD. Just like my mom. Old. Why are humans so touchy about their age??

Tobes

11:35 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh my gosh, I really enjoyed that interview you two!!! That was really funny... Wally, you are really mean with your Ma Ape. Hehehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

2:53 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Wally,
I love your interview. haha...I think your ma ape had a tough time with those questions. :)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, Woober Boy!

Is that a headband you're wearing?? (You accessorize so well).

My girl has a bumper sticker that reads: Colbert/Stewart 2008. She has a t-shirt that says: Colbert for President... Truthiness in 2008.

Liked your interview style. You didn't really have to spice it up. My girl has skills in book reading too (she *says* she thinking about getting her PhD., but we both know she's just stalling so she doesn't have to get a meaningful job).

Goober love & kisses to ya!
Stanley

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ume said...

hi Wally,
i did think u were a wee bit meanie to your Ma Ape, but i had to admit dat i sniggled thru'out the interview.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home