Tuesday, May 01, 2007

No Mere Mortal!


Blood tests back and according to the vet I "had the results of a 2-year old dog." It's like that movie Cocoon where the old people going swimming in the pool with alien pods and have their youthful vigor returned. Except I don't swim that much. Or know any aliens. Ok, really it's nothing like the movie but I am one awesome old man!

My pal Peanut asked the secret to my success so I'll share some of it. For my ticker I don't take any prescription meds. I DO take some supplements:

Vetri-Science Cardio-Strength (2x daily)
Vetri-Science CoEnzyme Q10
Hawthorne

I ALSO have some arfritis problems including spondylosis in my spine which is overgrowth of bony tissue that can lead to fusion of the vertebrae. This is not uncommon in long-backed dogs.

So I also take Dog Gone Pain. I might also start some Fido Wobenzyme on the recommendation of Miss Sunshade. My back isn't SO bad. I had a bad episode once and I have to do some stretchin' in the morning but I'm doing pretty well, joints-wise.


Here is my workout regime:

7/8 hours per day Napping
6/7 hours sleep at night
1+hours walking with regular marking (vary leg raised to avoid muscle imbalance)
1+ hour begging from the apes for food and attention (should include warm-up of sad eyes and plenty of ab work sucking in the belly to look skinnier)
30 minutes rampaging (circuit training including stuffy work [pouncing and shaking])
15 minutes WWFing (ie, rasslin' with sissy)
1 hour/day sunning my belly
1 hour/day blogging
1-2 minutes eating (chewing optional)
30 minutes bully chewing
30 minutes barking at neighbor, neighbor's dog, mail carrier, and random passersby

The most important secret: Loads and loads of spoiling.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

This is fabulous news Wally! You must be major happy dancing - oh wait - is that part of the regimen? Okay, well it is for today!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:34 PM  
Blogger Tealeaf said...

Hey Wally - I will take your routine into consideration for myself. Though I'm not sure there is enough sleeping in it.
Sniffs

Leafo

2:55 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

If I start your routine now at 11 months I could probably live forever!

That's fabby news that your results are so good!

Licks
Oscar x

3:08 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wally, what awesome news!!! It must be that exercise regime you keep, that and the spoiling!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

3:11 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I like your energy budget. Can we work together to be a little more carbon neutral? I'm thinking less time blogging more time sunning.

smoochies,

ern
carbon neutral since 2006

6:36 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

ZZZZZZZZZ

Bussie Kissies
Buster

8:55 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

YAY! Great news, Wally!!

I think there needs to be a couple hours of belly rubs in your day, though....

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Wally, now we know what's keeping you so handsome!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

great news Mom says thanks for the info

5:15 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I have the spondylosis, too.

:(

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home