Monday, March 05, 2007

wasabi in space!


nasa needs me! they had a wasabi spill in the shuttle and need someone to do clean-up! i could be just the guy. i'm a big ol' fan of wasabi peas and sushi with wasabi. nasa--call me! will work for food!

The spicy greenish condiment was squirted out of a tube while astronaut Sunita Williams was trying to make a pretend sushi meal with bag-packaged salmon. The three space station crewmembers are given a certain number of bonus packs of their favorite foods to help endure their months in space where most meals are the equivalent of military MREs.

Since everything is weightless, spilled food is no ordinary clean-up challenge.

"We finally got the wasabi smell out after it was flying around everywhere," Williams told her mother this week in a conversation arranged by Boston radio station WBZ. "We cleaned it up off the walls a little bit."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Wally: I have asked my muzzer about this, she too buys stuffies and then almost weeps when we kill them. She says she is hoping to find one that we like well enough to keep! Whatevaaahhh!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I love how up on current events you are, Wally. Between you and the Daily Show, I really don't need anything else to keep on top of things.

12:09 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Gus--there was much drama at my house when I bedheaded and de-stuffed the $25 orang-utan. I only selectively "kill" mine completely--most I just toy with. Grrrr.

sophie--I spend a lot of time surfing the internets to stay up to date on important things like wasabi leaks. All the news that's fit to eat, i say!

wally.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home