Monday, February 26, 2007

wally's oscar wrap-up


I'm a big fan of movies. When they come from netflix (which, as i understand it is sort of like santa claus but comes through the mailbox.) we get to curl up on the couch and sleep. I DONT like movies at the theater because they don't let dogs in. What's up with that? I'd be better behaved than a screamibng toddler, smooching teenagers, or cell-phone fantatics. And i'd get a supersized popcorn.

but i digress. i watched the oscars last night and here were the highlights:

1) CORGI SIGHTING. in the introduction of the costume nominees they showed a gaggle of Queens (as in God Save the) with a CORGI.

2) Curious George sighting. Abigail Breslin (little girl) was holding her Curious George, probably for luck, during the ceremony. George is one of my favorite apes. Sometimes I get called "Curious Wally" for my propensity for getting bored and 'splorin' in the house, often to comical and unfortunate results (like the time I got caught in the glue trap. or the time I spread tea bags around the house).

3) Little Miss Sunshade. That sounds like a great movie about my good friend Miss Sunshade the SuperDale! She'd make a great documentary subject. Her diet alone could fill three hours of movies! And the turn in the plot could be the arrival of STINKY and Miss Sunshade's various attempts to stay away from his stink. There could also be a side plot about the mystery of the identity of the ChickenDale. Yup, we definitely need to get Netflix on that one.

I don't know what else happened. I fell asleep pretty early. Get that Corgi an Oscar!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cash said...

We did not watch the Oscars...can you believe that!?!?!
Jasper

5:54 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Jasper--I can totally believe it. My apes slept through most of it! I think my mawma was exhausted from the excitement of the corgi sighting.

wally.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

i did not manage to watch d live show...but later that nite, v had repeat...but wit all cut n edited...is quite annoying though..

i'm so dissapointed that my favourite movie, blood diamond did not win anything (as far as i'm concern, coz i watch edited version)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

we totally saw the corgi, we thought it would be funny if he took a DUMP on the oscars!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

We didn't watch the Oscars - mom and dad are still on their Family Guy kick. Did the corgi wear a pretty dress too, just like the queen?

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home