Friday, August 08, 2008

The Chillaxympics, Opening Ceremonies!

As many of you may know, Lenny (who has an impeccable human rights record) is hosting the PAWLYMPICS over at his blog and has events EVERY DAY. That is one ambitious wire guy! Some of us, however, live with Lazy Apes. Some of us may have been worried about the mandatory drug tests (I'm not naming names but someone does have some plump lips). I have commiserated with several of my pals who suffer from a similar malady (Apeus Slackus)--Stan Man, Sophie, and Joe Stains (representing the Republic of Gooberstan, The World [cuz she rules it], and the Yankees, respectively). We have decided that we will sit in the stands, drink beers, and heckle! It's going to be a GREAT TIME. I hereby call this the Chillaxympics. Because we are both chilling and relaxing! Anyone else who would like to join us, here is what you must do to celebrate the Dog Days of Summer:

1) Get in the stands and watch the Pawlympics over at Lenny's place! Hoot! Hollar! Heckle!
2) Prepare copious amounts of snacks, get some drinks from the Corgi Lounge!
3) Chill! Relax! Enjoy life!

Here is our team, representing the Dog's Republic of Wallymelon, in the opening ceremonies which involved the ceremonial eating the Frosty Paws and Blueberries and Wallymelon:



Our opening team member, ETHEL the EATER:


She's dainty but can get down to business when she needs to!

Oscar the Obnoxious! Who ate so fast we only got one picture!


And our anchor, WALLY TAMALE!


Often underestimated due to his advanced age he can down the 'paws like no other! You other dogs don't stand a chance when it comes to the Chillaxin'!


If you are participating in the Chillaxympics you may either send me a photo to post OR post one on your blog! Show us all how you are masters of the Chillaxing!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Eduardo said...

OMD that's looks so good!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

5:32 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Those look great! We've become wallymellon fans this year, but no frosty paws yet.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wally I am suffering from Lazy Ape too...I'll be joining you in the chillaxin since I'm done with sleepervising. I can't knock my Mom too much tho...she DID make me some frosty paws AND buy me some wallymelon! Now I just need to convince her to take some pix of me!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:51 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I'm chillin' with you Wally baby. I'll get mom to send a pic ... although, she's chillin' too, so it might take a while. Oh yeah. Bring on the wally melon.

xo
SB

10:44 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

awe going to be impossible to beat in this event..I wish I was in the stands..I'm getting newvous about pawticipating
smoochie chilling kisses
ASTA

12:19 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

OMdoG!!! That's HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

2:27 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're drooling just watching you guys enjoying your yumminess!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:59 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

YUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!

last night we had regular ice cream and peaches!!! then we got a little shivery and yummy inside!

wags from the whippets

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Hmmm...that looks like more fun than hosting the Pawlimpics. Maybe I'll just let the people take over and come hang out with you!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

seriously, we missed our chance for international sports fame. Why have we not fired our humans yet??? your wallymelon eatables are perfect, we need to get some snacks going over here too.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Can we still be buds even though I don't like wallymelon??

But I really love to nap, though

1:25 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Boy!

As you know, I'm so dedicated to chillaxing that I've yet to get a photo. Rest assured, I am a highly dedicated member of the team.

I think my girl has taken this chillaxing to mean that she can do nothing (read: NOTHING) with my blog. I'll find a way to get her to capture my chillaxing on film.

That Wallymelon blueberry paw looked FABulously frosty. I like your one-bite style, man.

Goober love & chillin' smooches,
Stanley

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Hey, I'm a pro at chillaxin'! I so want to be ony our team. The lazy beach ape will work on a photo.

luv ya
lola smiles

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home