Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Irish Eyes are Smiling!

We're getting ready for St. Paddy's Day! So exciting! It's an especially important holiday because we are Irish!


OK, we're not really Irish. And my ma ape informs me that having short legs and a salty attitude does not make me a leprechaun. But my ma ape used to live in Ireland.

OK, not really. She lived in Northern Ireland. And though she might have turned green a few times after late nights out, she is also not a leprechaun. But we do support America's first Irish President.

Haha! Get it! I thought of that joke a long time ago and look! They put it on a shirt!

Look! My Irish eye is smiling.


I hope we are stocking up on Guinness and corned beef for the big day! But I did uncover something verrrrrrry interesting...

Monday is ALSO my beguiling bud Stan's burpday. Do you think HE is a Saint? He is to me. I have been busy saving Wally smoocheroonies for the StanApe but she cannot have them until she finishes her master's. Because once she gets Wally smooches she will not be able to concentrate on anything else.

Anyway--I'm trying to send St. Stan a good Irish dinner with beef n' potatoes and Guinness but the envelope keeps leaking. I will have to think of something else...

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Hey Wally...you guys got it wrong. My Uncle Ray told me Obama was "That Italian Guy who is running for president" I thought he meaned Rudy G, but no...he was talking about Senator Obama. happy paddy day

gussy

3:46 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Sorry I have not been around.

Take care of your Sissy Wally, I still think she is my sissy, we are so looky likey.

Love and farewell licks, your pal, Marvin xxxxxxxx

4:04 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally! You can send Guiness here any time you want. Things on this end are getting crazy and I just might need a drink. The French are protesting the St. Patty's Day parade because they think it is too English. HA! I bet the Irish would love that one.

xo
SB

4:37 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Wally,
Are you getting royalties from that T-shirt? That would only be fair right? - Since you came up with it and all.....

5:48 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy St. Paddy's day, Wally! Love those wicked green eyes!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

6:01 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Hi Wally! We were just in a Snake Saturday parade! Princess and Tank, that is. We had a great time! Hopefully dad will get the pictures up in a few days.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
Here we don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day but sure I hope you have a great day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

1:48 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Happy St Patricks Day dude, we sure hope you score some corned beef!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Happy St Corned Beef and Cabbage Day, Wally!!!!

Irish wags from the whippets

9:10 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Happy Green Day! Your eyes are pretty in green!

Cheers!
lola smiles

11:44 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

We never celebrate Saint Patrick's Day here in Malaysia but anyway, Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you! I'm Irish!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

12:39 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Happy St Paddy's Day to everyone!! From Archie"o and Agatha'o(everyone is Irish in Boston!) Lvoe A+A

3:03 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I love the shirt!
Ike

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sancha said...

I'm all for enjoying a party whatever the reason, but Wally--have some ethnic pride! You are far from Irish, you are (on the Corgi side, Labrador is English, I think) Welsh! And frankly, the Irish are hogging the Celtic PR. How about a March 1 parade for St. David's day (the patron saint of Wales, as I'm sure you know), with Pwdin Mynwy, and Porc Pibwrlwrd?

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good observation Sancha. After the St. David's Day parade we could all go out and search for the vowels the Welsh seem to have misplaced.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the link.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home