Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Consternation

It was a dark and stormy day....

Yesterday was a day combining two of my least favorite things.

Thunderstorms.


And diets. You can't spell it without "die." Look, I am so hungry I have to lick out the inside of empty plastic bags.


I'm forced to practically devour my own chops. Mad with the hunger am I.


And another gratuitous tongue shot.


But good things come to those who wait. Underneath a sky threatening to open up with rain, I ate one of my favorite dinners with great haste. Quails! From Canada! And my favorite part of them is that they are from Quebec and the label is in French and Spanish and we buy them at the "Oriental Grocery." It's like the whole world is in my mouth!

And since they are from Canada I pretend I am dining with my Frosty Flirtador from the North, Ms. Sophie La Brador. She certainly would not make fun of the mad gleam in my eye as my cruel ma ape did. And she would never, ever make me diet. Because she loves me just as I am. Even as I flee to the bathroom to hide under the laundry bags during the thunder.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Princess Patches said...

Hi Wally, those Quailables look very tasty! I,Penny hide from the thunder, too. That is after I bark at it to make it go away. It works for a few seconds and then it comes back. Can't quite figure out why!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny (the thunder-chicken)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

We've never had quails....mmmmm, they look delicious!! Mom needs to go to the Oriental grocery. Lazy woman.

Sherman

7:58 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm glad you got food before you died. Looks yummy.

Simba xx

8:04 AM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Thank Dog she gave you enough food to make it for a little while anyway. You're going to have to figure something out about this diet thing....you can't just go on like this.

Quails look good, we've never had them either. At least when you do get to eat it's good stuff I guess.

Bear

10:39 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally-icious, You come to Montreal and I can keep you in Global Canadian quail for the rest of your life. I might even throw in a tortierre and poutine on Randays. And it never thunders here. Ever. But I feel I should warm you, my ma-ape would be smooching you a lot. She's a bit relentless, but you'll learn to be indifferent, just like me.

xo
SB

10:58 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

We don't get raw stuff anymore since we made a mess on the rug. Crazy old Grammie needs to get over the bloody mess we made on the rug and get us some more of those good eatables. Thank goodness she doesn't understand the word diet.

1:04 PM  
Blogger The Zoo Crew said...

Yummm!!! We only get stuff like that when it's warm outside so we don't make a mess in the house. Still waiting for the sun to shine all day; that means turkey necks for us!

Peace + Paw,

Zen

5:32 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Mom bought us quail once. We wouldn't eat it. Diet is a nasty nasty word.
I had lamb for dinner last night

5:43 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I shivered at the mention of that DIEt word. My humans have been mentioning the VET word lately, something about teeth cleanings...

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home