Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mi Familia, By Otis

This is a part of an ongoing series to tell you more about me, Otis the POTUS. I will continue this series until OBST's jelly gets the best of him and he steals back the keyboard.

The question: Where do you come from? A shelter? Rescue? (Questions from Sketcher & Angel and Ike)

Well, I will give you a clue: I have been featured on SPCA Saturday before! Indeed you can read about my first appearance here! I came in with a bunch of other big pitties w/butchered ears as a part of a cruelty case.. We were there around the same time as Jughead, though I'm not related to him. Here's my first pho-to at the SPCA! And then, meet my sibbies! (All now adopted!)

Quin! He was the last to get adopted because he had heartworms and so he was at the SPCA for a long time. (This is top secret but Quin visited MY house but he was not fond of the sheppys so he decided not to stay).

This is brudder without a name (or a decent photo). He got adopted with a quickness.

And--hey!--it's my brudder Angus! He's a real looker.

And this gorgeous babe is Petunia. She came to the SPCA with a very special gift.


BABIES! (And I assert now they are NOT MY BABIES).

Even if they are nearly as handsome as my fine self.

We were all signed over to the SPCA by our superbad owner but I was there for a long time because I had a bellyfull of worms and infected eyes AND ears AND skin and then when they neutered me, well, there was swelling of a most unbecoming sort. But then I was adopted out! This is me just before my adopteration (and 15+ pounds less than I am now)!

And last Monday the ma ape visited the SPCA. She was walking dogs and thinking about getting a wee puppy to bring a little joy into her life. But there I was, having just been returned by my adopters who said they "didn't have time for me." And so, instead of a baby, she came home with something better! An arthritic, gassy, slightly smelly 10+ year old dude. When the ape went through the archives to see my earliest appearances, she found this post in which Wally called me his brindle brother. And if you read the comments, many of you had premonitions that I would wind up in this very house.

Maybe Wally knew that some day I'd wind up at his house because his ma ape sure has a weakness for old men with great expressions. And big ass heads brains.


Miss ya, brudder from the same ma ape mudder, as Randi said.


Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Dexter said...

It was meant to be! You are a fine old chap for sure with a nice big head and beautiful furs. Just the ticket to keep the sheppys in line. Plus I bet your ma ape missed the smell of dog farts something fierce.

Slobbers,
Mango

6:29 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

yup...clearly separated at birth. Wally had wise eyes too, ya know.

gussie

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Otis! This is my firstest time here and I just wanted to stop by and say hello and tell you that I likes your face. And you have stripey furs like me! I am Most Glad you have found your Most Perfect Home That Ever Was. You and your ma ape are really lucky!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

8:27 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Wally knows his poop -

Whether he is 'here' or 'here from there'

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

8:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

u got a giganormous head there. kinda like wally's, only your ears stick out. we think you are grand. we think your mum made a wise decision. we think your mum should get some charcoal or chloraphyll stuff so you don't kill everyone in their sleep with your farties. just a thought. we're just sayin' you might think about it (you cut one? was that you cooper?)

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

9:41 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Otis the POTIS!!!!!!
Welcome!!
I'm so sowwy that i'm late welcoming youw handsome self..(Wally would be quite angwy wif me fow being so woode)
Obviously , you wewe meant to be wif youw ma Ape and the sheppies..Wally cleawly picked you out fow youw pawfections and likenesses to him.
I think you look vewy good in those stwipes, and have a mawvelous face and awe NOT showt
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:19 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Ah Otis. That is such a great story, although that picture of Wally made me miss him something terrible. We have teenagers visiting and one of them saw Wally's magnet on the fridge and said, Hey! I like this dog! She's not a super teen, but she does have great taste.

xo
SB

11:44 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Otis Potus! It's nice to meet you. You are so handsome!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Otis, it's so nice your entire graduating class got adopterated!!

pee ess: our mom used to work for the real POTUS (don't worry, it wasn't "W")

yer pals
sketcher and angel

6:04 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

What a very fine nuevo familia you have there Otis!

And my mom says she is in love with Petunia and wishes she could take her whole family home!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

I know it was meant to be and Mesa thinks you were the best looking of the bunch!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home