Friday, December 04, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

I am behind on SPCA Saturdays. I have many things to tell you about my exciting week(s). But my blog has been uncharacteristically quiet. I can neither confirm nor deny that this postcard from Nebraska seen below, which appears to be from my Gramps, was actually a secretly coded message from NU coach Bo Pelini asking me to come and help the Huskers prepare for their BIGGEST game of the year against the Texas Longhorns in the Big 12 CHOMPIONSHIP.

I can also neither confirm nor deny that I have been teaching them the fine art of nomming Longhorn bones. We must chomp as chompions do.

I can report that all attempts to get all three dogs in the frame for our holiday card....

Has thus far been a great failure.

I can also confirm that in my superduper secret coaching of the Huskers my brudder has been entirely unhelpful as no matter how many times I insisted that "biting in the eye" is not permitted in the rule book he felt the need to demonstrate it.

Ooops. I mean in my ALLEGED superduper secret coaching.

More soon.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom ALMOST was able to snag a pikh of a minivan she was behind today (akhtually, it was being towed) -

She thought of woo: their Pawsylvania plate was surrounded by HUSKERS -

And they had a vinyl stikhker too -

Why their PA plate was Tadpole we aren't sure -

My word is DINES - I think THAT is your sign!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: How 'bout reloading!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Well my little Wally Tamale, I can confirm that I had a big bath today & suffered through an hour long photo shoot trying to capture just the "perfect" pic as my mom/secretary kept saying..

Now I have a tummy ache from all the treats I ate...

I think we should just start a DWB Holiday BLOOPERS card....& you should just take the 34th photo that your photographer took to capture the "perfect" one..

Well, I'm going to go throw up now...BLEH!

Love & Licks,
Randi

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Wally! As long as you are in the photo it will be a great card.

Eyeball biting, huh. Has he been hanging out with my dumb brother?

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. I like Randi's idea. Blooper holiday cards. I could make a ton of those.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ana-Maria said...

hello dog!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally...we hope your help did some good in Chilly Nebraska..we'll be waiting to hear the outcome.

We like the idea of a Blooper card...would've saved us a lot of time.

gussie

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sid the Dog said...

Wally- I know we haven't chatted in a while (Great Oppressors have had a LOT going on), but as I read the story about your beloved Hooskers taking on the dread Texas I thought of you. Unfortunately, a Hoosker win would be bad news for the mighty Broncos of Boise State so J cannot actively root for your team. However, if the Hooskers win at least the thought of the joy in your household will assuage the loss of BSU's probably BSC bid. Hope you are well!

Love,
Sid

11:15 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Why is oscar trying to eat your eyeball?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I kind of like that first pic. You are the important dog in that household, obviously, so you should get your whole beautiful bod in the short. The others are less important, so they don't need their whole bods in.

I can just hear your ape now saying, you are all important. Blah blah. You and I know the truth.

xo
SB

9:38 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

We are sorry your coaching did not lead to victory. We are also NOT sorry about the failed Christmas card attempts, gotta make the humans work.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home