Thursday, November 27, 2008

Seasons Eatings!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays combining FOOD and FOOTBALL. Mmmmm. One for eating, one for napping. Also the apes are home all day cooking tastyables. Oh was I ready.

Here's the spread for the apes. They ate (left to right) Apple/Pear/Walnut/Fake Snausage Stuffing and Sweet Taterables with Apples and Gravyables and Tofurkey with Vegetables n' Cherries. Yes, they are totes weird. And I keep telling my ma ape she could save a lot of time cooking if they went raw like us.


Here's what it looks like on the plate. I think my ma ape scores a 0 for presentation on Iron Wally.
And here's the spread for the dogables! (Scratch the gravy!) We got QUAIL from CANADA (yes, our dinner was almost more expensive than the apes'!) with a side of sweet taterables.

Oscar tried to sneak his too early. The quail (there are two here) look like mini turkeys!

Gobble gobble! Ethel ate the fastest and the ma ape couldn't get a non-blurry photo of her.

Bean Man was a close second and then the RUDE DUDE stole one of my quail so the ma ape had to steal it back (or part of it) right from his mouth! How rude.

Here I am taking my time and savoring the tastiness. Compliments to the chef!

I shared my tasty taters with my brudder. Good karma.


And tomorrow we get special treats because it is the most important football game of the YEAR because the Huskers are playing the stinkin' buffaloes so we're having buffalo bones!!!!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
I am not so sure about the food for the apes but the one you got looks delicious!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:30 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Hey Wall - my dad is in Iowa with the buffaloes. I've been given a buffalo bone tho ...
Happy thanksgiving!
Ike

8:40 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! We got a cheese roux on our whole dinner and it was tooooooooooo delicionosnskhgptla;kgd gkjafwowwooooooostcough

it was yum.

wags from the whippets

9:20 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Yummy Stuffs Woo Had!

Khwail?

Was one named Dan?
Was it prepared by Dikhk?

ANYWAY, good lukhk to your khornheads tomorrow as they play the team from kholWOOrado!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

9:55 PM  
Blogger Eduardo said...

Happy Thanksgiving! That food looks so good!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wally! And Ethel and Oscar, too!

There was no turkey, tofurkey, OR quail at our house today. The Girl says we had Thanksgiving in October. I am not impressed.

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

10:30 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Wow, the apes saved all the best for you! Good luck against the buffs. We don't even have a TV, so we'll be out for walks if it doesn't rain. We got plenty of good stuff here. Princess wishes it was raw but Tank wont eat raw. Isaac would go either way.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Boy!

Buffs make good eatin' I tell ya. I haven't had me some good buffalo in... it's been WAY too long.

Your feast does look almost better than the apes' feast, though my girl begs to differ. It's funny, my girl was just lamenting the other day that mine & Stella's food costs more than hers. I say that's the price she has to pay for the pleasure of our company.

GO HUSKERS! (And that's coming from a Jayhawk household.)

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

1:02 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Why don't we have thanks giving? I want all that yummy food.

Simba x

4:01 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving feast, yummy!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

5:55 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

We're glad you enjoyed your foodables! We each got 3 bites of turkey so we were very happy. That quail looks very yummy!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

7:15 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

A feast fit for a King. You are truly spoiled. Luckily you did not have to eat the fake turkey. I am sure the apes liked their meal, but truly yours was the better choice.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Happy Football day Wally! We expect a full report on the buffalo bones.

Muzzer had a totally non-meatable dinner one year which dad declared non-EATABLE, except for the taters. I wasn't around for that one. Thank Dog!


gussie

8:41 AM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

Hey Wally,

Your apes' plates look like something my brudder barfed up...can't your pawrents afford real fud? At least they are looking after you - you could starve. Let us know if we need to send supplies from Oregon.

Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

3:53 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

omdog, talk about some delicious freakin food, you guys are SO lucky. We saw those Eagles play the AZ Cardinals, now you know why we are Steelers fans not Cards fans ;)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home