Friday, August 22, 2008

Dog News!

Look at this dog who saved a baby:

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - A newborn baby abandoned outdoors in winter by her 14-year-old mother was found safe in a dog pen with a mother dog and her brood of puppies near the city of La Plata, Argentine media reported on Friday.

Farmer Fabio Anze found the naked baby girl on Thursday, being kept warm among his dog China's puppies, La Nacion newspaper said. Anze called the police and the baby was taken to a hospital.

In a related story, scientists are claiming that domestication has made us (dogs) more intelligent and moral. Uh, dudes, wrong directionality. We have made you apes smarter, more moral, and less boring. Which isn't saying much because you've never been all that, in spite of what you tell yourselves.

Dr Friederike Range, of the University of Vienna, who led the study, said: 'Dogs show a strong aversion to inequity. I would prefer not to call it a sense of fairness, but others might.'

Neither of these stories is actually about me but here is a picture of me nonetheless. YOu might call it egoism. I call it giving my audience what they want:

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger The Brat Pack said...

SMOOOOCH!

That mouth is sooo kissable!

xoxoxox
Samantha

PS My ape said to tell your ape a bunch of the cities here are trying to pass breed restriction laws which will be BAD NEWS.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

I will be looking at youw pictoowe fow a long long time..Mommi thinks doggies awe faw mowe civilized than most hoomans
smoochie kisses
ASTA

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

u should run for Prezident! ;0

luv ya
Lola Smiles

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

What a smoochable face!!!

We saw that article and agree it was backwards -- we dogs are teaching the hoomans how to be fair. But it's such a tough and neverending job!!!

Jake and Just Harry

12:46 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Dogs are seriously the coolest! Humans need to learn from US! Great photo my friend.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

I help my dad all the time with the stuff he is trying to learn about justice and fairness. I'm doing my part!

gussie

5:10 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I'm not sure I'd save a baby. I might eat its poo though.
Ike

6:56 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Wally, I love how you always bring us news of the dog. You are awesome!

Poppy

9:49 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

Sexy snooter pal!

;o)
M & I

12:20 AM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Tank has a strong sense of fairness. Princess just wants everyone to be happy. Isaac wants things to be more than fair for him. We all love your pictures.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Dogs do rule the world, we just let the humans think they do.

Simba x

3:11 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I want. I want.

xo
SB

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We agree with Simba, joe stains,Jake,et al. Wally you are real smart. We do need someone like you for Pres. Course one of us here is also real smart(no, not you Scooter. It is me, Sunny) However, smart as we are, they won't let us hold office. Some silly rule involving opposable thumbs and such..
We've been readin your blog a long time Wally. Please don't compare our feeble assistant's attempt to yours!
BTW, Scooter says Ethel is "hot". But he is kinda a rounder . Sunny thinks Wally is CUTE. Both think Oscar is just scarey!

Sunny, Scooter & Jamie (the assistant)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

Your audience loves your smile and we do too!

Dozer and Cooper and Dottie

10:43 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Grammie says, "Moco, I have told you for a long time that I would rather spend time with the three of you than most humans I know." Love the close up.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home