Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympic Fever

I hope everyone has been lovin' the Pawlympics over at Lenny's blog. I have been on the edge of the couch every day checking out the GREAT competition. Whew! I also watch the Naked Ape Games and I read this story in the NYT with great interest. It is about how certain body types lend themselves to certain sports so people tend to look similar. I told my ma ape she should go into sumo wrestling. She was not amused. I decided to figure out what body types OUR bodies look like.

My sissy Ethel is a runner.

And she has always reminded me of the British distance runner and marathon record-holder Paula Radcliffe. I'm fairly certain that if we dangled a tennis ball in front of Ethel she could probably run a marathon.

My baby brudder Oscar is also a runner who can go really fast in spurts--but he likes to run ALL the time and he is really loud and proud and never gets tired.

And he kinda reminds me of Usain Bolt--the world's fastest man who won the 100 and 200 and likes to celebrate--which he has plenty of time to do while waiting for everyone to catch up.

I am a compact dude.

Ethel suggested I should look to weightlifters for my body type:

But I think I'm a dead ringer for Canadian diver Alexandre Despatie who is very muscley, especially in the legs.. Tell the truth--can you tell which is which?



As a part of my Olympic training regimen I have decided to adopt the Michael Phelps diet of 12,000 calories per day.

No more diets! I'm in training.

And just for my friend Ruby (and her mom), here's Michael Phelps and his dog Herman.

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Does Hermann get to wear a medal? And also, I think you might be better off liftin' weights. Unless you are a good swimmer too?

gussie

7:32 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Oh geez, Mom already won't shut up about "the body". Now he's a dog guy so she'll be double obsessed.

You definitely have the body of an athlete, buddy.

Bear

7:49 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
12,000 calories is a dream!
Thanks for sharing that video!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:21 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Hey, LOVER!

If you ask me, you have THE primo body type. You're sleek and close to the ground, so no wind resistance win you try to run from me when I'm trying to jump your old bones!

Goobery love & more kissies,
STELLA

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

I agree with Stella, you are aerodynamic being close to the ground.

I think I would be a basketball player because of my long legs. Definitely nothing aquatic.

We LOVE Paula Radcliffe. We were sorry she didn't do as well in the marathon as she wanted to. But we LOVE her!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Yo, Woober!

You have to forgive my sissy. She knows you will NEVER be hers, so she pretends you guys have some hot love affaire going on just for fun. Sometimes it gets a little out of hand.

Just remember that the bromance from GooberStan is where this all started. Okay?

SMOOCH,
Stanley

9:55 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

BOL, you're all Olympians! Wally, do you have speedos too?

;o)
M & I

1:14 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

You all deserve gold.

Simba x

2:46 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

No doubt about it, you have the form of an olympian. Such grace! Such style!

Slobbers,
Mango

4:53 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
When I saw the pictoowe of alex Despatie next to youws I weallycouldn't tell which was which..you look identical, and youw 12,000 calowie diet should make you even bettew at all youw spowts..I'm impwessed by youw whole families Olimpian looks and abilities
smoochie kisses
ASTA

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

My uncle just got one of those dogs, but I probably won't get to meet him, because he lives in Georgia. But guess what?! His name is Walter.

And Wally, you are totally Alexandre Despatie. He lives in Montreal, you know. You could live here too, with me. I would be your trainer. I'd make you eat lots of meatables.

xo
SB

7:23 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I think you definitely got your athlete figured out, can you speak french?? Mom just loooves that Michael Phelps guy too. I could totally handle 12,000 calories a day.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home