Sunday, August 17, 2008

SPCA Saturday!

Yo peepers. I wanted to share with you some of the new dudes at the SPCA. It was a busy week and my buds Java (who was the chocolate brown pit that Mack wanted to mack on) and Flora got adopted. WOOOOOO. And my ma ape's bud Willis! Someone fell in love with Miss Sugar while my ma ape was there and she will probably take her home.

This is Monique (Moni!) who is workin' the camera.

This little lady is Ms. Kallie.

This dude was Yoda who almost took my ma ape's arm off pulling. He is a lab mix? He is BIIIIIIG. And playful. And slobbery. And when my ma ape tried to put him back in his run he knocked her over by running backwards through her legs. HAHAHAHA! I wish I had video of THAT.

This is Cleveland. He has some physical problems like a lot of chub and a (noncommunicable) skin problem that gives him bald patches. But you're not perfect either! So appreciate his adorable face. He is some sort of spaniel mix. And one of the most unique looking dogs you will probably ever see.

This is smiley Ms. Jada.
This is Punkie, who is not as wild as his name and look here might suggest. He is a terrier/chihuahua? mix and he liked to sit on my ma ape.


And why is Big Red still at the SPCA??????

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Poor Big Red, we don't get it!! Cleveland is a cutie too...just so many dogs! At least people were in there adopting.

Mom spent a few hours at one of our shelters yesterday and the runs where they usually hold one dog had 3-4 each. One of the Staff said almost all of their surrenders last week were from people losing their homes. :(

9:36 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Good news on the adoptions. Poor big red. Someone will want him soon I hope.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

poor big red. punkie looks like he would be a lot of fun.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

What a great looking bunch, bald spots and all. It is a sad state of affairs that people are losing their pets along with their homes.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Big Red! I sure hope someone falls in love with him soon.

xo
SB

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my girl is in LOOOOVE with Cleveland just from his picture. Too bad we can't have another dog.... :-( Although it would be terribly, terribly difficult for her to decide between Cleveland and the infamous Big Red.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Big Red looks like a really cool dude! I'm sending good vibes for him to find a furever home sooooon!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Wally, I've taken inspiration from you and I'm letting my Girl do an SPCA Saturday post from now on. We did our first post yesterday, and we put your link in our blog (hope that was ok!). My Girl doesn't go and take pictures, but she does a lot of volunteering for our SPCA. So she's going to devote one post a week to that kind of stuff. Thanks for the inspiration, Wally!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan (and The Girl)

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an excellent thing you are doing here!

Great photos, and undoubtedly some great exposure for those pups!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home