Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Week in Presents!

So here's the deal--next Wednesday is my sissy's burpday so I've been stocking up on presents for her. I tried to take my ma ape's ECONOMIC STIMULUS TAX REFUND CHECK to the store to buy my sissy dozens of monkey sticks but apparently my paw is not an adequate substitute for my ma ape's signature--whatev.

Anyway, we've gotten a bunch of stuff in the mail-and not even for ME or my SISSY!!??? What the? Who would send my APES presents?

First, my rabbit friend Finlay's owns an ape who helps other people sell books and she sent my ma ape some books! Including this one!


My ma ape decided to try to rule the world and made Buko Cupcakes (Coconut/Lime) and Cookies & Creme Cupcakes and we agreed that these cupcakes WOULD do a better job of ruling than our current President. And also they taste better.


And then--THEN--we got a bright green package that our mail carrier puzzled over for some time because it was addressed to "The Ma Ape of Wally T. Corgador." The mail lady is quite often bemused by the assortment of mail items addressed to me but this one made her laugh out loud. And we opened it and it was from GOOBERSTAN! For my MA APE! He must be moving in on her. Well, there's plenty of her to share, buddy. Goober sent me a fish for smooching (photos to come later) and also was so thoughtful and knew that my ma ape was a vegan so he sent her TAFFY! Texas Taffy! My ma ape decided to share it with us.


And even though Stan said I *could* (not *should*) share with sissy, I did.


And I did enjoy it, StanMan. Here I am pretending to eat it with YOU, big guy:


But the piece de resistance from GooberStan was a Colbert for President T-shirt! I tried it on but I prefer shirts that allow me to show off my figure, especially my ripped abs, so I let my ma ape have it. Here she is thinking she's funny.


Thanks Finlay and GooberStan! (And also to your apes.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

Yummy! I want some of that taffy. It should be easy to find since I live in Texas, right?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Hey, Wally! You are one lucky and deserving dog! Do you think Barak can overcome the Wright stuff and the Billary monster? Are you sure there's no gelatin in the oreo cream filling? The world is a dangerous place right now! No new posts on our blog, maybe tonight...

1:42 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

You get some of the greatest gifts. We will have to figure out what to do for Ethel's barkday. Probably another trip to the Humane Society. We haven't got down there for GobberStan's yet.
Grammie loves that Colbert guy.
Tell Ma Ape it is time to vote. The ballot came in the mail. we have someone named Pavel Goberman running for senator. Do you suppose he is originally from GooberStan? An investigation will be forth coming.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wow! That's a pretty great haul. Did you get to try the cupcakes? I'm a bit concerned about your ma apes intentions. She does know I rule the world right? Although she's welcome to rule it when I'm napping.

xo
SB

3:52 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

We loooove that Taffy! It needs to last longer though...we should figure it out and patent it. The Ever-Lasting-Taffy.

Hmmm, Ethel needs something exciting for her barkday.

Bear

4:17 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Boy!

I am stinkin' pleased that your ma ape is pleased with the giftable. Thought of her (and you) when I saw that shirt. (Didn't know which size to get, so I thought she could shrink it down or wear it for jama jammies.)

I knew that the way to the ma ape's heart was through lovin' you and Ethel... and Steven Colbert. My girl has a Stewart/Colbert 08 sticker on her mobile. Wouldn't THAT be a ticket?!

Hope you have a smoochfest with the smooch fish. He's great for practicing your pucker (not that you NEED any practicin').

Goober love & vegan smooches to the ma ape (chicken breath smooches to you and Ethel),
Stanley

4:51 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're drooling here! We can't decide if the cupcakes look better or the Texas taffy! yummmmmmmmm Stanley always comes up with the most thoughtful gifts!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

4:51 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
Excuse me for the silly question but... what is Taffy?
The cupcakes look delicious!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:35 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

omd, mom had a dream last night that she would see your ma ape's face and we KINDA did today. My mom thinks she has amazing powers but I think she's just a weirdo for dreaming of the internets. Did you get to try any of the non-chocolate cupcakes? Your ma ape *could* and *should* share with you.

Pee.S. My birthday is this week too! On Satruday, in fact.

10:17 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

BOL, we love the shirt! We wish we saw more of those shirts around! You ma ape is a funny gal ;o)

TAFFY!!!! We love those taffy strips too, we can't blame you for not wanting to share with your sissy...

Mum wants us to mention that the coconut/lime cupcake looks divine... better than the ones in a cupcake shop she goes to in town... they must have smelled great too.

Little known fact that, I - Izzie, LOVE coconut!!! BOL, especially if it comes in a girly drink with a cute umbrella, delivered by a handsome, tan, strapping cabana boy corgadore... know any?

;o)
M & I

11:05 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

We are voting Colbert for president too! No more fooling around.

Mango

6:50 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

My Ma Ape is a LAZY ape. we have a package signed and sealed just waiting for that delivery part! looks like you got some cool stuff, did you get to taste the cookbook?

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home