Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ethel's Owie

OK, first I would like some acknowledgment for being the bravest dog EVER for staying home ALONE yesterday while my sissy was at the vet. I used to have wicked bad separation anxiety but I stayed brave and strong and was home alone and didn't cry or try to escape and I only got into the trash once.

OK, so here are your options for how sissy got a hole in her:

A) A misguided attempt to catch swiss cheese by making a holey outfit
B) Dick Cheney mistook her for an old man
C) She picked fights (yes, multiple) with our friends
D) She bit herself for an excuse to wear a cone-hat like her friend Tuchuck
E) She wanted a tube put in so she could pee like manly ole me

What do you think? (And remember, when it doubt, the most commonly used answer is "C")

So the apes found her hole on Sunday night after our playdate and she had to go to the vet. She had to get ten stitches because the hole was real deep but we were lucky it didn't puncture her stomach (though I was disappointed because what if the food she ate came out that hole and then I could eat it too!). And she has a tube which, as Ike's supersmart vet-care givin' mom observed, is to drain PUS. Sissy is like so gross. And she has to wear a cone (photos to come).

My ma ape is really bummed that this happened because sometimes me and my sissy get really protective of one another so she should have been more careful. And she remembers the last time my BFF Sherman of the Dogs of Jackman Ave got into a fight with his sissies and she said "There but for the grace of Dog go I" and here we are! My sissy and I don't fight and she's fine with some dogs but sometimes she wants to protect me even though I'm a big tough manly man.

Here's Ethel playing with her buddy Tuchuck in less puss-filled times.


And here I am with my girly girl Narra. It may look like I'm pursuing her:

But I caught her checking out my bum!

And she pretends like she's totally weirded out by my alien eyes:

But, really, she just wanted to know how to do it:


Thanks for all the well-wishes for my sissy! I hope she learns her lesson but you know ladies... (Um, my ma ape just asked me if I learned my lesson and told me no more bullies until I apologize to women everywhere. Sorry girls!)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

Oh wow wally that isn't the best is it. Tell Ethel no more fights okay?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

First of all sympathies that you only got into the trash once. What a bummer.

Secondly, what a feisty darling Ethel is. I hope she won't fight with me when we meet - tennis balls are all yours Ethel.

Thirdly, I do like Narra. Have I said this before? Do you think she would like another boyfriend, obviously not a real one like you, but just a friendly, thoughtful, sleepy interdog one.

Pippa (lots more paws crossed and kisses for poorly Ethel xxxxx)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Wally...what a scawie story, but ethel really needs to not pick fights. You have to admit tho' that is nice that she protects you so! Feel better ethel girl!!!

Wally, you take care of her, ok?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:04 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh no! Not Ethel! Did she fight with Upchuck? I sometimes fight too. The last time I got in a big one it was with a dog named Whiskey, so you can imagine how out of control he is. He put three holes in my head. Fortunately, he hit skull bone. Sucker! But I saw holes he made in other dog's softy bits and they had stitches like Ethel. Nasty business those holes are.

I hope Ethel recovers very quickly. It's very sweet of her to watch out for her older brother like that, but maybe she needs to wear some belly armour. I think you need an extra treat Wally, just to handle the stress.

xo
SB

p.s. Thanks for helping our team win!

p.p.s. When we moved last Spring, we accidentally moved in next door to ... guess who? Whiskey!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Many sympathies to Ethel for her owies, we hope she is feeling better soon. And Kudos to Wally the brave, because I know how terrible separation anxieties can be.

kissies
gus

10:42 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Dear Ethel - I'm still whispering & won't yell until you tell me you are all better & then I'll start yelling again..so sorry to hear about the fight...protecting Wally, huh? Your tummy owie looks very sore...I hope you keep the cone on your head...I find you usually get more love & attention with the CONE ON! obey..& the treats will come.

Dear Wally.. Please take care of Ethel...she's very sweet & loving & very brave to protect you. Maybe you should make her some chicken soup...check the garbage..there might be some in there..

Love & Licks,
Randi

12:02 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Gads! Ethel has been taken up and experiments have been done on her. You will not be able to make me think any different. Fighting is just the excuse that is used as a cover. I am sure this was on an episode of the X-Files. Ma Ape was put into a deep sleep and just thinks she went to the V-E-T with Ethel. Tell Ethel that she will heal fine. You were a good boy to only get into the garbage. Maybe a Comfort Zone plug in would do you some good. It helped Foley with his separation anxiety.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Did you find a lot of deliciousness in the garbage?

Take good care of Ethel! She is so brave...

5:59 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Ethel we send you lots of healing smoochies.You are lucky that Wally will be there to wait on you hand and foot.And Wally,you were very brave too to be all by yourself(too bad you only got the trash once) Love A+A

8:44 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Get well soon Ethel. Wally, you take care of your sissy and please don't make fun of her in the cone.

ernest

10:47 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
A fight?? Why?? Sure I hope she recovers pretty soon!
Take care of her, ok?
Have a good night
Lorenza

11:18 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Poor Ethel! That swiss cheese idea was great, but poking holes in yourself is going a little too far!

Poppy

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

You caught me, Wally. I didn't realize you had such a cute muscle butt. :) Hope Ethel's feeling better real soon. She probably looks a lot better in that lampshade than Tuchuck did anyhow.

Narra

1:46 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Oh wally that story sounds good enough to make into a movie, or an after school special at least! we are glad pus bucket is on the mend.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Poor Ethel! Thank goodness that she has you there to help her feel better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:52 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

She is a real toughie your Sissy!

I like spirit in my women!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Whoa, Ethel!

You're my HERO, girl! If you got that belly tear protecting the Woober, then kudos to you. No better thing to sacrifice for than the love of a good brother.

I hope your pus-bucketness ends soon & that the cone brings many sympathy hugs & treats!

Wally Boy, please keep smoochin' on your sissy for me (she needs all the goober smooches she can get - the healing properties are documented).

Goober love,
Stanley

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home