Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Dopplegangers

This morning I was reading the New York Times Online, as I do every morning, scanning for news about dogs, apes, and non-naked ape animals. And I came across this story about a dog who is a polar bear poop locator. Now, I was reading along curious about the poop. Is polar bear poop as fun to roll in as goose poop? Is it as tasty as cat poop?

Then I noticed



IT'S ETHEL!

Why is my sissy in the New York Times? Is she sneaking up to New York to track polar bears?? How can she do that when she spends most of the day in front of the window watching squirrels??

Then I noticed something:



This Ethel is a boy. BUT is he Ethel's long lost brother? Her cousin? Her pops? His name is Quinoa (tasty tasty quinoa) and he's a Dutch Shepherd. Is Ethel a Dutch Shepherd? If there's more than Ethel will they gang up on me? Could she find polar bears for me? I have plans for today. My sissy and I are going to search for polar bears. They would be a valuable addition to the Wally Revolutionary Front, scheduled to overthrow the naked apes any day now. (Also I think the polar bears would take my side against the Army of Ethels).

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wow Ethel~! Your bro's a Wildlife Research Dog, cool! Maybe he could be your long lost brother. Hehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

5:14 AM  
Blogger Maximillian the Valliant said...

Hey be careful what you wish for! IF you overthrow the naked-apes, who will give you frosty paws?

Ethel can overthrow me anytime.

tee hee

Maxey

5:41 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Polar Bears in NY? It's just like Lost. And a long-lost brother? Okay, this is getting really weird.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey, that sure does look like Ethel...except with boy bits of course. Polar Bears in NY....hmm that is very strange, very strange indeed!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

8:12 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

It DOES look like Ethel!!! Maybe she is a Dutch Shepherd. That's just crazy.

Sherman

8:50 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally: Muzzer says there is a story in the WaPo about how dogs think.. Here is the url: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/03/AR2007060300960.html

More fodder for your commentary
Gussie

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Wait - those people look HAPPY that he's finding poo!!! My girl always yells at us when we find some....

9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps it's a little late in the season for Polar Bear poops. I bet if you entice them with some frosty paws...they will just come to you? Let me know how good Ethel is at locating poops.

Loves,
Tofu

1:22 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Okay - I love a good story about dogs and umans helping eachother BUT polar bear poop? *sigh* I don't know what is more weird, dogs looking for polar bear poop or the fact that in Bedford NY they have a whole stockpile of polar bear poop in petri dishes.

Love ya - Dory

1:57 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Holy moly it is a boy ethel. That is kind of scary.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't imagine that polarbear poo smells as awesome as fox poo. At least the one we've got here in Norfolk, UK. You want me to send you a sample?
So how many polarbears did you sniff up so far?

5:18 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

oh my, ethel might be dutch?! that definitely looks like her, how confusing!!! I bet polar bears taste like frosty paws

9:32 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooooh an Army of Ethels, perish the thought! It makes me chuckle just to think of it!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Finnegan said...

A polar bear poop rescuer? Okay, maybe not. Interesting though...

Woofs,
Finny

12:17 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

His name should be Ethello.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

7:49 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Are you SURE that's not Ethel in the photo? I've heard that some people are ambiSEXtrous. Why not dogs?

Either way, Ethel is a force to contend with!

Your goob,
Stanley

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quinoa is my dog (although my wife will argue that he is her's because she uses him for her research). He works up in Canada with polar bears and in Westchester, NY with coyotes. He's a great scat detective and does look like your Ethel. She may have some Dutchie in her, but most Duthcies don't have the white patch on the chest. Take care

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home