Friday, June 01, 2007

Our names


Pippa posted a link to a website that has descriptions of what your dog's name tells you about the dog. Or something. I was curious so I thought I'd look up my name. Here's what it said:

Wally falls into the 'One' group of dog names. The natural show-offs of the dog world, your 'One' will love to live in the limelight. 'One'dog names love to be the center of attention as well as running the show. This can lead to the problem with 'One' dog names trying to not only boss around the rest of your pets, but you as well! Simply let them know who's really boss in a gentle manner and they'll happily go back to hamming it up for you! If that sounds like what you're interested in, Wally might be a good dog name for you to choose.

Who ME, bossy??? Show-off?

When it comes to personality expressions, Wally falls into the 'Nine' group of dog names. Dogs and people see your dog Wally as being flexible and intuitive. To the observer, 'Nine' dog names seem to have the intuition to know exactly what sort of behavior and attitude is appropriate or needed for whatever situation they're in

Like how I'm a total sweetheart at the vet or perfectly behaved in obedience class but all hell breaks loose at home? Like the time I bit my gramps WHILE he was giving me snacks?

The positive side of a 'One' dog name like Wally manifests itself in ambition, honesty, and loyalty to pack members. They are fair in their decisions and loyal pack mates to the end. The negative side may manifest itself in impatience or the need to totally dominate the family and any other pets in the household.

I want to totally dominate my house? No, I want to totally dominate the WORLD!

ETA: Here's the link for the name site.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

Cool eh mate?

We thought it was you.

To a T. Or at least a W.

Pippa, the time orientated, big picture, loyal, well you get the drift dog

9:17 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Ooh, I will have to go to Pippa's blog and check it out. Mum says she reckons Oscar = Clown. How rude!

Licks
Oscar x

9:52 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I can only imagine what my name means wally! That totally sounds like you and I'd love to leave in a world dominated by you!!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

10:24 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Ha ha! You bit your gramps WHILE he was giving you a treat?! Ha ha ha....

10:34 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

ernest is not listed.

whatever.

ernest not named after a dog, but an explorer.

Have you eaten anything out of the freezer yet?

erns

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...to live in Wally World eh?

So will I get as many frosty paws as I like? and will there be universal health care? Those are my two priorities =)

Loves,
Tofu

1:07 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You're the only Wally I know so you've got the job!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

1:53 PM  
Blogger Goofy said...

Oh...dominating the world!! How great ambitious you are?? I wish I could be like you. I don't even dominate my home.. This word doesn't exist in my dictionary.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Forest Dogs said...

We thinks the name Wally is a good one - our mom used to know a doberman called Wally - he was fierce, until you gave him rubs, then he went all mush! :-)

Hi

The Dona Nobis Pacem (Peaceglobe) Day has really caught the imagination of some blogging dogs. Up until now, the Catosphere has dominated, but Mimi, founder of the Blogblast for Peace (yes, it really does have that many names!) has sent out a plea for more peace-loving dogs to join:

The Second Official
Blogblast for Peace
Wednesday
6th June 2007


...Excitement is building...

(If you do 'Wordless Wednesday' a Peaceglobe would be fantastic! *lick*)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Down with the naked apes.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Darn, I can't find my name..it says Lucky but not LUCKIE. Sheesh...

11:07 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Haha, what it says about me & my sistas are totally TRUE!!! Wow, it's so accurate! I like to eat & I'm a sensitive girl. Faith famous for daydreaming in one corner & looks like a statue, haha! Chloe, the quiet one... So cool!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home